PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Joe Wood

GKreindler
03-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend thus far.

I was wondering if any of you might have won this Smoky Joe Wood Carl Horner cabinet photo that was auctioned off by Mastro/Legendary in the spring of 2007:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/GKreindler/SmokyJoeWoodHorner.jpg

I'm trying to obtain a high res scan of it for a commission, but I don't know of any stock photo houses that own the rights or anything. So yeah, it's been somewhat of a dead end.

And of course, if you can help, I'd be happy to pay or reimburse you in some way for your time. Or, really, any information you can provide would be wonderful. And amazing. For serious.

Thanks,

Graig

yanks12025
03-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Greg,
I was wondering if you have ever done a video of you painting.

GKreindler
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Brock,

There's a little bit of video of me painting somewhere, as I know some people took a good amount at the National in Cleveland a couple of years back. Though, Dean has been talking about getting one done for years now. Maybe this year will be the year?? I hope so, but I'm not terribly sure what he has in mind.

I do know that he wanted me to do it while wearing bunny slippers. Yeah.

Graig

Jay Wolt
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Graig, I have the exact same shot in 11 x 14 that I bought from Joe Wood's son Bob at a Ft Washington show a decade and change ago.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to send it to you

Scott Garner
03-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey guys,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend thus far.

I was wondering if any of you might have won this Smoky Joe Wood Carl Horner cabinet photo that was auctioned off by Mastro/Legendary in the spring of 2007:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/GKreindler/SmokyJoeWoodHorner.jpg

I'm trying to obtain a high res scan of it for a commission, but I don't know of any stock photo houses that own the rights or anything. So yeah, it's been somewhat of a dead end.

And of course, if you can help, I'd be happy to pay or reimburse you in some way for your time. Or, really, any information you can provide would be wonderful. And amazing. For serious.

Thanks,

Graig

Boy Graig, that's a spectacular shot of Smoky Joe. Wow!!
Good luck & I can't wait to see how this one ends up after you paint it in Kreindlercolor!!

GKreindler
03-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Scott! I'm excited to do this one too. It's gonna be an interesting treatment of such an image, as I'm just hoping to make it seem like the viewer would be able to see what Horner saw in real-life, either through the view-finder, or when he was directing Joe's pose. That painted background should be an interesting part, as well.

I'm stoked!

Graig

Forever Young
03-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Hey Brock,

There's a little bit of video of me painting somewhere, as I know some people took a good amount at the National in Cleveland a couple of years back. Though, Dean has been talking about getting one done for years now. Maybe this year will be the year?? I hope so, but I'm not terribly sure what he has in mind.

I do know that he wanted me to do it while wearing bunny slippers. Yeah.

Graig

Ralphy?

GKreindler
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
I hate you.

thekingofclout
03-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Ralphy?

I don't think the ears match up, Ben. ;)