PDA

View Full Version : Ruth signed ball on Ebay - nice LOA

Shoeless Moe
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
This one cracks me up, look at the LOA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-BABE-RUTH-AUTOGRAPHED-BASEBALL-CERTIFICATE-OF-AUTHENTICITY-/170805357667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c4caec63

A Coin and Stamp guy by day, Ruth autograph expert by night.

thecatspajamas
03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
This one cracks me up, look at the LOA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-BABE-RUTH-AUTOGRAPHED-BASEBALL-CERTIFICATE-OF-AUTHENTICITY-/170805357667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c4caec63

A Coin and Stamp guy by day, Ruth autograph expert by night.

Nice. LOA and receipt all in one!

ibuysportsephemera
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I guess there is no spell check with handwritten LOA's!

Jeff

Big Dave
03-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Just curious, what is the problem with an opinion written on a receipt from 21 years ago that only cost 15.00?

Shoeless Moe
03-16-2012, 09:11 PM
the deeper he digs

In his description he states "I have had the ball several years"....." and have had the signature verified".........

then he answers a potential buyers question, "this is a baseball of a friend of mine"

there goes what he said in the description

Then he says the ball is "commisioner" lee macphail.......who was born in 1917...who was the 1st commisioner of baseball at age 11, I never knew.

So he's selling the ball for his friend, who bought it off ebay, but for some reason doesn't himself sell on ebay, only buys, but asks his friend to sell his ball for him, yet knows little about, but somehow put all those pix up. And again in his description says he has had it for years and got it authenticated.....yet it was authenticated by the stamp guy back in '91. So was Ebay selling prior to '91? since he said it was purchased off Ebay and then he got it authenticated.

sycks22
03-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Don't worry about his 4 feedback he recently sold some shoes for $10. He seems trustworthy.

Bilko G
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Just curious, what is the problem with an opinion written on a receipt from 21 years ago that only cost 15.00?

maybe because the guy is authenticating Babe Ruth "Signitures" and he doesn't even know how to spell the word "Signiture".:rolleyes:

thecatspajamas
03-16-2012, 11:33 PM

I have no problem with this guy giving someone $15 to render a hand-written opinion on his Ruth ball. He can spend his money however he likes. I do have a problem with him expecting me to buy it based on the written opinion of a guy who can't even spell signature correctly. If you want to eat a turd sandwich, that's your business, but don't expect me to take a bite :D

frankbmd
03-17-2012, 07:04 AM
maybe because the guy is authenticating Babe Ruth "Signitures" and he doesn't even know how to spell the word "Signiture".:rolleyes:

Phillip M H...... authenticated my Babe Rath ball for the same price.:)

Big Dave
03-17-2012, 07:48 AM
OK, I see what the problem is now.

Most of you are only interested in the receipt/loa and not the autograph itself, and since it is not from whomever, and has one misspelled word, you reject the whole premise of the autograph being authentic.

Sounds very reasonable and intelligent to me.

Shoeless Moe
03-17-2012, 08:46 AM

Most of you are only interested in the receipt/loa and not the autograph itself, and since it is not from whomever, and has one misspelled word, you reject the whole premise of the autograph being authentic.

Not one post has anyone said the signiture is good or bad. I and most are just enjoying the listing and that great receipt/loa.

thecatspajamas
03-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Nobody has said anything about who the loa is NOT from. Please don't spin this off into another this guy vs. abc vs. fde debate.

If you think that it is reasonable and intelligent to take the word of a signature authenticator who can't spell signature, you're certainly welcome to spend your money how you like.

Personally, whether the signature is legit or not, I think the seller would have been better off leaving that particular loa out of the photos, as I can't see any collector who is on the fence about whether the sig is legit looking at that LOA and saying, "Okay, that clinches it for me, I'm in."

Bilko G
03-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Personally, whether the signature is legit or not, I think the seller would have been better off leaving that particular loa out of the photos, as I can't see any collector who is on the fence about whether the sig is legit looking at that LOA and saying, "Okay, that clinches it for me, I'm in."

LOL!!! This last part just made me laugh my head off. My old lady came into the living room asking me whats going on:p

Scott Garner
03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
LOL!!! This last part just made me laugh my head off. My old lady came into the living room asking me whats going on:p

+ 1

thecatspajamas
03-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Since the original listing has been removed, here is the LOA being referred to:

drc
03-18-2012, 01:26 AM
A sales receipt can be good documentation. Depends on who it's from.