PDA

View Full Version : Prewar negro BB players rppc help

3-2-count
03-16-2012, 02:28 PM
All,
Picked up the following rppc recently and would like some assistance since I know they're are a few members here you collect this type of material. Would you consider this simply a town team or does anything else jump out at you placing it with a specific team? All I can make out on the two white caps from the players on the left is (Big "C_ _ _ _ _ _The old reliable) and the jersey's have the letters AWS sewn across the chest. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Bicem
03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
was wondering who got that Tony, nice grab.

DaveW
03-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that that's Joe Jackson .... no, that's a different thread.
I think it's just an amateur town team. The one guy has the "S" sewn on backwards.

Jaybird
03-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Nice grab, Tony. I was following that one as well. I couldn't place any of the players and assume it is a town team group but in a nice studio environment.

They aren't wearing cleats and everyone's shirts and clothing are a little different (i.e., no money) so I'd just assume local club team. But great image, nonetheless.

Is it a photo or postcard back?

3-2-count
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks for chiming in Jason. Here is a scan of the reverse. I figured it was simply a town team as well for the same reasons you mention, but my expertise in this area is pretty weak.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/andreatny/negrorppcback.jpg