PDA

View Full Version : B18 Blankets, any demand for them?

HOF Auto Rookies
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I have some very nice B18 felt blankets, got them about 15 years ago when I was 10 in an antique store in WI, I told my parents to grab the lot for around $200.

Is there any demand for these? I love the Walter Johnson the colors are absolutely stunning, but I just don't have a fit for them in my collection.

ullmandds
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
sure...there is a demand for those...they look pretty nice...put them on ebay...or on the bst...or consign them...you'll make some decent coin!!

HOF Auto Rookies
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
sure...there is a demand for those...they look pretty nice...put them on ebay...or on the bst...or consign them...you'll make some decent coin!!

Yea just have really seen or heard too much about them anymore. The Johnson I may think about framing with UV protected glass, because it looks amazing, but idk how it would still look in regards to fading.

Yea tough thing is I don't know what to let them go for. They are interesting and a neat piece to talk about.

packs
03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
You could probably get a couple hundred dollars for the Cobb. I know the "brown infields" are worth some series money. I usually see the Joe Jackson selling for $300-500.

glchen
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Sure, there is demand for these. Just this week, someone messaged my ebay seller's account asking if I had B18 Blankets for Moriarty (Brown infield) and O'Neill (Yellow pennants). (Which I don't.)

You can look at completed sales on ebay to get an idea of what these go for.

ctownboy
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, there is some demand but that is tempered by, of course, condition. Of the ones you pictured, I see fraying along some of the edges, some edges missing altogether and stitch marks.

I would think if all of the blankets have the same condition problems then it is going to be hard to sell the commons for very much at all. If all of the felts are like this, if the rest are commons and you want to sell them on eBay, you might want to think about taking half of the commons and put them with Cobb as one lot and the other half with Walter Johnson as the other lot.

That way it saves you the time of listing 15 different felts, describing them and taking pictures of them. It would also save you listing and final value fees.

Just my opinion,

David

canjond
03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
You could probably get a couple hundred dollars for the Cobb. I know the "brown infields" are worth some series money. I usually see the Joe Jackson selling for $300-500.

I agree with the brown infields pricing but I'll take the Jackson's all day long at $300. I would say the Jacksons are more in the $700-$1k range.

Runscott
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Another item that reminds me of my collecting mistakes - I had a bunch of these in pristine condition (perfect felt and registration, beautiful bright colors), and some even had part of the paper wrapper attached. The Johnson was in the best condition of any of them.

scooter729
03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I recently listed about 30 different common blankets on eBay, in Ex-Mt to NM condition, and got maybe $20-$25 each on most of them. I didn't sell any stars so I can't speak to them, but I was a bit disappointed with the nice condition commons.

Jantz
03-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I had a chance to buy a B18 Wiltse (green base paths) in really good shape at a show the other day for $20. After looking on Ebay at completed auctions with my phone, I decided to pass of the offer.

Completed Ebay Auctions for Wiltse (green base paths)

1-22-12.....BIN.....$29.74
2-20-12.....11 bids.....$17.50
3-3-12.....5 bids.....$9.38

I guess there is some demand, but not much love for Wiltse

Jantz

Vintageismygame
03-16-2012, 08:12 AM
PM sent.

Matt

HOF Auto Rookies
03-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys for sharing. Yes, some are poorly cut, but the Johnson is so vibrant in it's colors.

Replied to your PM Matt, thanks

Any opinions on framing these? Fading, etc.