PDA

View Full Version : Help with photo

thxforthebp
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Picked this up at an estate auction, came out of the Scranton area. It is a large single photo 8x5 cut from a larger imperial size cabinet that each player would have been on as you can see sections of others attached on the corners. I am guessing that this is possibly from either one of the early Scranton or Wilkes Barre teams in the NY Penn league that folded in 1917. I know it is a stretch but has anyone seen a copy of the full photo or can help identify what team this could have been of by the uniform. Both teams did take the championship during the leagues run but other than that I cant find too much more info and gave up looking for photos as they are pretty much non existent. Again any help would be appreciated. I could be way off, it could be a local team but I cant imagine them getting uniforms made like this unless they were a semipro level.

jcmtiger
03-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Can't help you, but a shame this was cut up.

jOE

GaryPassamonte
03-09-2012, 04:41 AM
I can't help you with the ID, but this must have been one large piece. The image you have appears to be the center image with slightly smaller ones surrounding it. Nonetheless, with your image being 5x8, the complete piece must have been quite impressive.