PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Signed Softball Dual-Certified Chris Morales & ACE (Justin Priddy)

thetruthisoutthere
03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I can just visualize Chris Morales and Justin Priddy together in a room discussing the below garbage Babe Ruth signed softball. Too funny.

The below is dual-certified by Chris Morales, Forensic Investigator and Justin Priddy, ACE.

I wonder if Justin is considering teaming up with Morales for future authentication projects?

GrayGhost
03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
That was from the softball signing. They've had Wagner, Matty adn others. Amazing how the Coach's get access to such Rare stuff.:D:mad::eek:

thetruthisoutthere
03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
That was from the softball signing. They've had Wagner, Matty adn others. Amazing how the Coach's get access to such Rare stuff.:D:mad::eek:

What's even more amazing (well, maybe not) is that Morales & Priddy teamed up to cert that softball. Could there be future joint projects in the works for Morales and Priddy?

Mr. Zipper
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Two times zero is still zero.

GrayGhost
03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
What's even more amazing (well, maybe not) is that Morales & Priddy teamed up to cert that softball. Could there be future joint projects in the works for Morales and Priddy?

Lets hope not. It's just sad that people keep buying stuff like this, some people who are clueless, and some who are just crooks.

travrosty
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
It doesn't say they teamed up, it says it was certed by morales as well as Priddy. Where does it say they were sitting side by side?

If an item is certed by abc as well as xyz, does it mean they teamed up too?

Actually, there is more credibility to the possibility of the latter than the former.

GrayGhost
03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I was just perusing their crap, and look at this mess. the WORST Dizzy Dean Forgery Ive ever seen....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/230/dizzy-dean-autographedcertified-baseball.aspx

perezfan
03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I was just perusing their crap, and look at this mess. the WORST Dizzy Dean Forgery Ive ever seen....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/230/dizzy-dean-autographedcertified-baseball.aspx

Best laugh of the day... that Dean is nuts :p

GrayGhost
03-05-2012, 09:49 PM
It's hideously bad. WHO IS BIDDING ON THAT CRAP?

thetruthisoutthere
03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Now that Priddy has his foot in the door over at Coach's Corner Auctions, I wonder if Priddy, Morales and Taylor will get together on some of the more difficult (hahaha) items.

I was talking with a friend here on Net54 and we both predicted ACE (Justin Priddy) certing items for Coach's Corner, so this really isn't a big surprise.

I can actually see Priddy, Morales and Taylor getting together for some type of annual authenticators conference to share knowledge and exchange exemplars.

I wonder if Priddy conferred with Morales & Taylor on the below item due to the rarity of such an item. Since Coach's Corner only lists one or two Babe Ruth signed bats every month, it makes it imperative that an accurate examination is performed and conferring with a fellow authenticator would be the prudent thing to do.

RichardSimon
03-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Dizzy Dean actually had a ghost signer.
That CC forgery looks more like a forgery of the ghost signer than a forgery of Dean himself. Nothing more fun than a dumb forger :D.

GrayGhost
03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Drew Max missed his flight to that conference:eek:;)

mschwade
03-06-2012, 07:54 AM

Does that bat actually say "To My Pal Priddy From Babe Ruth" ??? ;)

RichardSimon
03-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Drew Max missed his flight to that conference:eek:;)

Actually, security at the gate tried to confiscate his magnifying glass, and he refused to allow them to do that, so he was not allowed to board his flight.

GrayGhost
03-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Last night on Pawn stars, Drew authenticated some Harry Truman signed books. He actually had his "file" w him, w several slight variations over the years on Truman. He stated his file is usually "private" but in this case, he would show it and use it.

They did look real, and I think he got them right. Plus, he of course had the Sherlock Holmesish Magnifyer:)

thetruthisoutthere
03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Last night on Pawn stars, Drew authenticated some Harry Truman signed books. He actually had his "file" w him, w several slight variations over the years on Truman. He stated his file is usually "private" but in this case, he would show it and use it.

They did look real, and I think he got them right. Plus, he of course had the Sherlock Holmesish Magnifyer:)

Scott, maybe Drew Max can show us his secret Mantle & DiMaggio exemplars next time.

RichardSimon
03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
That softball will be making its next appearance in your favorite mall store or "estate" auction in another few weeks.
Some unknowing person will walk past it and see the two COA's, be impressed by that and buy it.
Then in the future, when and if they try to sell it, the ugly truth will come out.

J.McMurry
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Morales n Priddy,.. that's what I call a Double Negative.

thetruthisoutthere
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
That softball will be making its next appearance in your favorite mall store or "estate" auction in another few weeks.
Some unknowing person will walk past it and see the two COA's, be impressed by that and buy it.
Then in the future, when and if they try to sell it, the ugly truth will come out.

That's exactly what will happen. It will end up in a antiquities store on the west coast and sold to some impulse buyer for 5-10 times the purchase price that the antiquities store paid. And eventually that impulse buyer will decide to part with it and it will be listed on Ebay and it will be removed.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when a customer calls either ACE or Drew Max and asks them "Why did Ebay remove my item?"

David Atkatz
03-06-2012, 11:25 AM
I'll say it again:

Do you guys really believe that these shops--which sell their wares for quite a pretty penny--are actually bidding in CC's auctions? There are very many of those stores, and a number of them probably move more material each month than Coach's does--they'd have to, just to pay the rent.

Don't be absurd. They get their material right from the source--no middleman involved.

RichardSimon
03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
They will have no explanation and never will,, but the garbage keeps spreading and infecting the hobby everywhere we look.

scooter729
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
It looks like ACE is setting up at the Boston Shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe I will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!

GrayGhost
03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
It looks like ACE is setting up at the Boston Shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe I will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!

Really? wow. I was hoping to go to that, prob won't. But yes, that would be cool..haha, if you do that.

RichardSimon
03-07-2012, 06:34 AM
it looks like ace is setting up at the boston shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe i will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!

go for it !!!

yanks12025
03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Has anyone made their own forged item, just to bring it into these garbage people and see what they say.