PDA

View Full Version : Advice with Ebbets Field Chair Restoration

sports-rings
03-05-2012, 06:30 AM
A local Stadium Chair Collector/Restorer has two Ebbets Field Chairs that are joined together and I purchased it. I was given the choice of leaving them as-is, in poor condition, or restored, I chose to have him restore it while leaving some of the original wood exposed in the back to show that these came from Ebbets Field.

I'm hoping the experts at Net54baseball.com can provide advice on what numbers I should have on the chairs. Looking at the Brooklyn Dodger rosters, I did not see two consecutive numbers that corresponded to legendary players on the team.

I was thinking of "19" & "55" but would that be silly or a good idea? Any thoughts?

smotan_02
03-05-2012, 08:16 AM
I think that is a really cool idea. It means something to you, sparks a conversation, and let's you tell a story about the stadium. Anyway, isn't that the purpose of these pieces, what does it mean to you?

My only idea to expand on that is to have one chair as "1913" and the other say "1955". It is a little out of protocol from the normal numbering system, but just a thought.