PDA

View Full Version : Hostage Situation

kcohen
03-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Well, here's an interesting sales technique I've never seen before - holding a card for ransom.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150770690808&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#vi-desc

frankbmd
03-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Looks like Bugs will avoid both the swatter and the shredder.

Tim Kindler
03-04-2012, 06:41 AM
He used "numbnuts" in his description when describing the person who trimmed the card. I haven't heard that term since I was a kid in the early 80s! It just made me laugh!:p

rc4157
03-04-2012, 07:11 AM
You have to appreciate his marketing technique. Bugs really doesn't look that bad for a trimmed card.
RC

HexsHeroes
03-04-2012, 07:13 AM

. . . of some of the more colorful profanities I witnessed as a youth in the 1970's. Once, while on a Boy Scout campout, an older fellow scout called his younger brother a "dumbshit" for some foolish infraction while preparing to cook over an open fire (soaping the inside of the water pot, instead of the outside surface). The Scoutmaster chaistised the older boy and instructed him not to call his brother by that profanity. Without missing a beat, the older brother turned to the younger brother and said "OK, but you're still a stupidpoop". I guess you had to be there. It seemed funny at the time (in pre-teen humor terms). I still smile about that day. Those were the times.

Jcfowler6
03-04-2012, 08:41 AM

. . . of some of the more colorful profanities I witnessed as a youth in the 1970's. Once, while on a Boy Scout campout, an older fellow scout called his younger brother a "dumbshit" for some foolish infraction while preparing to cook over an open fire (soaping the inside of the water pot, instead of the outside surface). The Scoutmaster chaistised the older boy and instructed him not to call his brother by that profanity. Without missing a beat, the older brother turned to the younger brother and said "OK, but you're still a stupidpoop". I guess you had to be there. It seemed funny at the time (in pre-teen humor terms). I still smile about that day. Those were the times.

This made me laugh. Stupidpoop! And by the way numbnuts is still a term I use. Guess I'm still a kid at heart.

sycks22
03-04-2012, 09:14 AM
The only thing that would make the picture better with the card on the shredder would be if the guy's finger was on the button. I loved it.

Blitzu
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
He used "numbnuts" in his description when describing the person who trimmed the card. I haven't heard that term since I was a kid in the early 80s! It just made me laugh!:p

I suppose it also depends on the area where you live, numbnuts has been a pivotal description of many many fine idiots since I've lived here and still commonly used to this day.

ChiefBenderForever
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM
The really funny thing is it doesn't looked trimmed, maybe factory miscut a little but a lot more border on that than most graded cards............send it to psa and get a 5 or 6

joeadcock
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Vincent

I was a Boy Scout short times in early 70's, think about 73-74. Remember trying to get merit badges. Didn't know it but those were the times.