PDA

View Full Version : Spotting fake strips?

kllrbee
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey all,
I dont have much experience with strip cards but have a chance to pick up a lot here locally (w514's). They are all raw and I was hoping u guys could give me some insight on what to look for in regards to authenticity.
I saw some reprints online and they look basically the same. But I may be missing something cuz Im not sure what to look for.
Btw, they are all very poor, with major creasing if it makes any difference.
Thanks,
Tim

christopher.herman
03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Look for:
1. Wet sheet transfer on the back. (It will be the same as front since they printed and stacked in same order).
2. Dotted black lines which separated cards on the sheet will be present from time to time depending on the cut.
3. Irregular cuts help the argument for authenticity.
4. Heavy and deep creases and cracking (which you mentioned) are common for the W514's.
Pics would help also.
~C.
P.S.: I would be interested in these if you could get some pics or scans.
Feel free to PM me.

kllrbee
03-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info Chris.

Doesnt matter tho cuz the guy sold the cards. I guess I wasnt fast enough for him. Weird tho cuz he said he had basically no interest in them when I talked to him only about 6 hours ago. Then all of a sudden, someone comes and takes them all. Strange, but could definitley be possible.

I guess I should have just jumped on them, but I needed to do a little research and see if his asking price was on point. As I said, I dont know much about strips. Turns out it was a little high anyways. But it would have been nice to pick up about 20 strips at once. Plus, he had a Weaver in the lot. It was beat to hell, just like the others, but it still caught my eye.

Ill get em next time and Ill be on the lookout for u Chris....Thnx bud.