PDA

View Full Version : CSA show, Edison, NJ

judsonhamlin
03-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Went to the show with moderate expectations for pre-war cards, but was pleasantly surprised. Several dealers had everything from Pinkertons to E cards to Goudeys/Playballs, and I made some nice pre- and post-war pickups at decent prices. I think that several of the dealers that had planned on doing Valley Forge showed up here (Kevin Savage at least); and the foot traffic was pretty good. PSA and SGC were set up as well.

CharleyBrown
03-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Thinking of going tomorrow. I know its not pre-war, but by any chance did u see any Jackie Robinson cards aside from the mainstream Topps and Bowman issues?

hangman62
03-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I thought pretty good show for vintage... saw many of the popular $1., $2, and even $10 boxes.. many vintage dealers ...I sold and bought..and quite happy with results...10 bucks to get in is a bit out of line though

x2drich2000
03-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Agree, the $10 to get in was steep, but I was also very much surprised by the show. From a card prospective, I thought there was a good selection considering I expected the show to be almost exclusively pictures and autographs. Overall I would say there was a good spread between modern, postwar and prewar. Considering its only a 20 min drive for me, I'd most likely go back to the next show.

DJ

molen
03-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm debating whether to make the drive up to Edison from Philly tomorrow morning. Kind of craving some new vintage, especially after the Philly show was cancelled. Last time I made the trek up to Edison it was definitely worth it. Sounds like it may be worth the drive again.

MGHPro
03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Did anybody notice vintage bats for sale?
Thanks Matt

Idiottax
03-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks for posting about this show. I live one town away and was unaware it was happening until last night. I was able to pick six cards for my T206 set, including a Cicotte at reasonable show prices, and make my first submission to the SGC, who were very helpful in taking my best cards into their care for two weeks.

mrvster
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I should have went to Edison Sat...I went to a Show at the Sheraton in Eaton Town N.J.....supposedly 80 tables...there were 20 tables at best and one vintage guy with 1 t206 Cobb....:mad: