PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Bell Brand question

aanewport
03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello! I have a question about the 1958 Bell Brand Dodgers. What type of value (if any) would you place on these cards if they have been cut, more specifically, cut to fit inside standard nine pocket 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 sheets. The bottom green with the names are intact but the top, left, and right green borders are gone :(

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Albert

rsdill2
03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Hello! I have a question about the 1958 Bell Brand Dodgers. What type of value (if any) would you place on these cards if they have been cut, more specifically, cut to fit inside standard nine pocket 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 sheets. The bottom green with the names are intact but the top, left, and right green borders are gone :(

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Albert

tough to say. '58 bell brands are very rare and hold their values well - especially the stars and SPs. If no creases, marks, or other defects other than trimming I'd guess a common that's been trimmed like this could still fetch upwards of $50. If it's Koufax or a SP then maybe upwards of $100 +

they don't come around too often even in poor raw condition and there's plenty of bell brand collectors / dodger collectors / type set collectors looking for them. Just my $.02

aanewport
03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
tough to say. '58 bell brands are very rare and hold their values well - especially the stars and SPs. If no creases, marks, or other defects other than trimming I'd guess a common that's been trimmed like this could still fetch upwards of $50. If it's Koufax or a SP then maybe upwards of $100 +

they don't come around too often even in poor raw condition and there's plenty of bell brand collectors / dodger collectors / type set collectors looking for them. Just my $.02

Thanks for the feedback. One other question I forgot to ask. Does anyone know if PSA would grade cards in this shape, maybe just grade them authentic?