PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner Lee Trythall Babe Ruth Forgery Fake

thetruthisoutthere
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
The below Babe Ruth obvious forgery has just been listed by Coach's Corner Auction, headed by Lee Trythall and Scott Malack.

You have to read the auction description. Lee Trythall added "PSA/DNA has added their quick opinion letter as "likely genuine"."

By the way, Lee Trythall, I sent this auction to PSA. Also, there is no such thing as a "Quick Opinion Letter."

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/230/babe-ruth-yankees-single-signed-psa-quick-opinion-baseball.aspx

ruth-gehrig
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
So would it be fraud or deception if they didn't really get a "likely authentic" opinion from PSA?:confused:

thetruthisoutthere
03-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Here's a beauty that is "authenticated" by Justin Priddy of ACE. It's a repulsive 1932 Yankees team-signed baseball. I guess the Babe Ruth signature is so ugly and repulsive, that Lee Trythall elected not to use it in the photograph.

I wonder if Justin Priddy (ACE) is becoming the new authenticator of choice for Coach's Corner Auctions?

thetruthisoutthere
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
So would it be fraud or deception if they didn't really get a "likely authentic" opinion from PSA?:confused:

Michael, I guess we'll find out. I forwarded that auction to PSA.

RichardSimon
03-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Justin seems to be the new go to boy now.
Damn, that Yankee ball sux.
Hey Lee, which one of the forgers consigned that one?
Boy your consignment records would be a joy to see.

thecatspajamas
03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Hard to tell from the photo, but are those signatures on the team-signed ball on top of the shellac?

slidekellyslide
03-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Heh...last month PSA/DNA was a questionable authentication company according to CC. :D

thetruthisoutthere
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Heh...last month PSA/DNA was a questionable authentication company according to CC. :D

Exactly, Dan.

sago
03-01-2012, 09:01 PM
The Better Business Bureau has assigned them a rating of "F" on a scale of "A+" to "F".
From the BBB website:
Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for Coach's Corner Sports Auctions, LLC include:

11 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 4 complaints filed against business
1 complaint filed against business that was not resolved
2 serious complaints filed against business
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising/Sales Issues 3
Billing/Collection Issues 0
Delivery Issues 0
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 1
Problems with Product/Service 7
Total Closed Complaints 11

Are there any PA auction laws that exist regarding auction businesses with complaints of auctioning fake merchandise?

David Davis

J.McMurry
03-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Boy your consignment records would be a joy to see.

Agreed,but I doubt that they keep legit records, that would be the noose around their neck if they ever had to face a judge. We can only dream.

GrayGhost
03-02-2012, 05:38 AM
The Better Business Bureau has assigned them a rating of "F" on a scale of "A+" to "F".
From the BBB website:
Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for Coach's Corner Sports Auctions, LLC include:

11 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 4 complaints filed against business
1 complaint filed against business that was not resolved
2 serious complaints filed against business
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising/Sales Issues 3
Billing/Collection Issues 0
Delivery Issues 0
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 1
Problems with Product/Service 7
Total Closed Complaints 11

Are there any PA auction laws that exist regarding auction businesses with complaints of auctioning fake merchandise?

David Davis

Thanks David for that. Now, w that kind of record, can't something be done to shut em down? Im serious.

Bilko G
03-02-2012, 06:27 AM
yeah , like really, how can u sell a Yanks team signed ball and NOT show what the Ruth auto looks like:rolleyes:

and ugh is that first RUTH AUTO, the one with the PSADNA "likely genuine letter", ever an awful attempt of a forgery:eek:

RichardSimon
03-02-2012, 06:46 AM
yeah , like really, how can u sell a Yanks team signed ball and NOT show what the Ruth auto looks like:rolleyes:

and ugh is that first RUTH AUTO, the one with the PSADNA "likely genuine letter", ever an awful attempt of a forgery:eek:

They must be breaking in a new forger, someone with skills that are not yet refined :D:D,,, those two baseballs are really fugly.

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 06:58 AM
This is a link to the ACE (Justin Priddy) autographs certed on the Coach's Corner auction site.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=ACE

mschwade
03-02-2012, 07:16 AM
This is a link to the ACE (Justin Priddy) autographs certed on the Coach's Corner auction site.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=ACE

The Christy Mathewson Christmas Card is marked "Very RARE".. It can't be that rare, I see one in their auction every month.

GrayGhost
03-02-2012, 07:17 AM
They must be breaking in a new forger, someone with skills that are not yet refined :D:D,,, those two baseballs are really fugly.

Pathetic Ruth on that ball. wow. Look at the Capital B. There is NO CHANCE Psa would give a likely genine QA on that. I can't wait for Chris' reply from PSA.

Just gets worse and worse. signed and dated softballs, etc. Everything looks like it was signed yesterday, strong as can be, (and they probably were). I mean, anyone w any common sense and ANY knowledge would know how many forgeries these Charlatans are passing off.

RichardSimon
03-02-2012, 07:41 AM
It has become apparent that most of the garbage that CC is auctioning off is going to resellers and not to collectors.
Much of this material is being resold to unsuspecting gullible individuals in "estate auctions", Las Vegas stores, mall stores and other suspect locations.
This crummy material is spreading through the hobby like a fungus and Lee and Scott's offshore bank accounts keep growing.
I hope when they are caught the judge will make sure they give up their passports and that they are held on a huge bail.
I would hate to see them enjoying their final years on a beach in Brazil.
Justice takes time but it will come.

RichardSimon
03-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Pathetic Ruth on that ball. wow. Look at the Capital B. There is NO CHANCE Psa would give a likely genine QA on that. I can't wait for Chris' reply from PSA.

Just gets worse and worse. signed and dated softballs, etc. Everything looks like it was signed yesterday, strong as can be, (and they probably were). I mean, anyone w any common sense and ANY knowledge would know how many forgeries these Charlatans are passing off.

I am not a fan of PSA as most know, but I would agree here, PSA would never authenticate that piece of crap, even on quick opinion.
But I would also think that PSA is not going to answer Chris.
Prove me wrong PSA, go get those guys.

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I am not a fan of PSA as most know, but I would agree here, PSA would never authenticate that piece of crap, even on quick opinion.
But I would also think that PSA is not going to answer Chris.
Prove me wrong PSA, go get those guys.

I have no doubt that PSA has already contacted Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall) about that listing.

rjackson44
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
call the f.b.i now:mad:

mighty bombjack
03-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks David for that. Now, w that kind of record, can't something be done to shut em down? Im serious.

I believe that, just to give two examples from the hobby, both PSA and Topps have similar records with the BBB and have for some time.

So the answer is no, unfortunately.

thecatspajamas
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Does the BBB even have any authority? Did they ever? I always thought of them as an early pre-internet version of angieslist.com that collected and reported consumer opinions that were submitted to them, but did little else.

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall) removed that Babe Ruth auction.

earlywynnfan
03-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall) removed that Babe Ruth auction.

The one that started the whole thread? It's still up and running, I just got to it. Your link, however, doesn't go to it.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 04:31 PM
The one that started the whole thread? It's still up and running, I just got to it. Your link, however, doesn't go to it.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Yes, but they removed the "PSA Quick Opinion" description. But yes, the same Babe Ruth forgery is still listed.

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 05:00 PM
We really didn't expect Lee Trythall of Coach's Corner to remove that Babe Ruth signed baseball, did you.........

We all know how rare it is to see a Babe Ruth autograph item listed over there. After all, there are only 19 Babe Ruth autograph items on Coach's Corner this month.

thebigtrain
03-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm an attorney admitted in NJ/NY, and would LOVE to bring a case against this dump. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't been charged with mail/postal fraud by the US Attorney's Office or FBI. Apparently no one has sued them in a private action b/c they are reportedly very quick to issue refunds when someone squawks (and probably most of the buyers are flipping this trash at mall kiosks and flea-market type events and/or ebay etc).

IMO, Coach's Corner is engaging in "willful blindness" by listing, marketing, and selling this garbage, as well as common law fraud.

thetruthisoutthere
03-02-2012, 06:09 PM
It's amazing the number of Abraham Lincoln written and signed letters Coach's Corner lists every single month. Two more this month. They list at least one every month and they are usually authenticated (cough, cough) by Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales, Forensic Investigator.

smotan_02
03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Amazing, almost EXACTLY two years later he wrote the exact same letter. It is nearly word for word. What a bunch of trash.

slidekellyslide
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Amazing, almost EXACTLY two years later he wrote the exact same letter. It is nearly word for word. What a bunch of trash.

For their next trick they'll auction off one almost exactly like those two dated 1866. :D

thebigtrain
03-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Here is an authentic telegram mssg Lincoln wrote that same day:

http://lincolntelegrams.com/telegrams/64-03/March18_1864-2.jpg

Guess Abe must have run out of his "Executive Mansion" stationary later that day whilst penning the CC item, and had to hand-write his own letterhead LOL. :D

David Atkatz
03-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Actually, Lincoln hand-wrote "Executive Mansion" on plain paper quite a bit.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/datkatz/lincolnals2.jpg

RichardSimon
03-03-2012, 07:01 AM
For their next trick they'll auction off one almost exactly like those two dated 1866. :D

Why not ? :D.
They have done many things in the past as stupid as a Lincoln letter from 1866.

frankbmd
03-03-2012, 08:41 AM
"To Tell The Truth" ran from 1956-1968 on the boob tube. I can't recall if Abe Lincoln was ever on that show, but two thirds of their panels were imposters. Wasn't CC founded in 1969????

thetruthisoutthere
03-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Here's another beauty listed by Lee Trythall & Scott Malack of Coach's Corner Auctions.

It's a Joe DiMaggio/Marilyn Monroe signed baseball. Lee Trythall writes "It has sold already for $90,000 at auction....." Hey, Lee, are you writing that this specific baseball sold for $90,000 elsewhere? Can you prove that and show us where, Lee?

As we can see, this baseball is "authenticated" by Chris I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like Morales. Whoever signed this baseball, it must have taken them at least an hour to finish it.

RichardSimon
03-03-2012, 07:52 PM
The forger of this baseball must have thought that Joe and Marilyn enjoyed the missionary position. :D:D
Another fugly piece of crap,,just look at the tremors and stiffness in the signatures, CC is doing some job this month.
What is the matter Lee, your excellent quality control department not up to its usual standards?
But I got a buck that says this ball winds up in some glitzy shopping mall shop.

mschwade
03-03-2012, 08:04 PM
The forger of this baseball must have thought that Joe and Marilyn enjoyed the missionary position. :D:D
Another fugly piece of crap,, CC is doing some job this month.
But I got a buck that says this ball winds up in some glitzy shopping mall shop.

And the worst part is there are unsuspecting people that window shop at those malls like my mom 20 years ago that thought she was the best daughter ever and bought my grandma a signed ball of her favorite baseball player Mickey Mantle. Fast forward 20 years... Whoops, sorry, no good.

David Atkatz
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Do you guys really believe that these shops--which sell their wares for quite a pretty penny--are actually bidding in CC's auctions? There are hundreds of those stores, and many of them probably move more material each month than Coach's does--they'd have to, just to pay the rent.

Don't be absurd. They get their material right from the source--no middleman involved.

slidekellyslide
03-03-2012, 10:17 PM
"To Tell The Truth" ran from 1956-1968 on the boob tube. I can't recall if Abe Lincoln was ever on that show, but two thirds of their panels were imposters. Wasn't CC founded in 1969????

There is a video on youtube of a 1950s game show where a person had to give clues to celebrities and they had to guess what the person was noted for...there was an old man there that was the last person alive to witness the Lincoln assassination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_iq5yzJ-Dk

RichardSimon
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
There is a video on youtube of a 1950s game show where a person had to give clues to celebrities and they had to guess what the person was noted for...there was an old man there that was the last person alive to witness the Lincoln assassination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_iq5yzJ-Dk

Imagine such a show now, with Lee as the "celebrity" giving clues as to what he was noted for :D:D:D.