PDA

View Full Version : O/T: eBay Humor Piece via "The Onion"

mintacular
02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I read this a couple years and got quite a few chuckles out of it...Think many of you can relate as I've seen quite a lot of threads/complaints about eBay feedback and other policies... Enjoy:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/i-cant-believe-you-blew-my-perfect-feedback-rating,10727/

drc
02-28-2012, 10:52 PM
chuckle

HexsHeroes
03-01-2012, 06:26 AM

. . . several years ago who got his only negative feedback from a seller because my buddy sent him an email thanking him for the items, informing the seller that positive feedback was left for him, and requested the same positive feedback posting from the seller. It should be noted that my buddy almost always sent payment within minutes of the end of the sale. So to say that he was blindsided by the negative feedback would be an understatement. The sellers beef: My buddy's email painted him as "pushy".

The rest of the story.

Evidently the seller later pulled this same stunt on another buyer (not me, or my buddy) who got creative. That buyer evidently purchased numerous, low-priced items, and slammed the seller with negative feedback for each item. Not sure if eBay ever stepped in. The seller later became one of those "No Longer Registered IDs" on eBay.