PDA

View Full Version : T206 "Fatty" Demmitt

Runscott
02-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Here's a very wide Demmitt. Anyone ever seen a mark like what's on the back right side? It looks post-production to me, but it didn't keep me from bidding:

http://host.jwcinc.net/712533/brent/february2012/144_5_1.jpghttp://host.jwcinc.net/712533/brent/february2012/144_6_1.jpg

Pup6913
02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
That thing is nice. Might be an alignment mark on the edge of a sheet for cutting:confused:

Runscott
02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
That thing is nice. Might be an alignment mark on the edge of a sheet for cutting:confused:

Maybe, but I don't think so. I think someone was preparing to give Demmitt a shave and never got around to it.

I've been reading The Card, so I'm empathetic as to how these things sometimes just happen - you know, money and all. This one would be a strong candidate for a thinning, but the wrinkles should keep him safe.

danmckee
02-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I have other polar bears with neat print marks like that Scott, very cool in my opinion!

atx840
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I have seen a few of these on the PB backs, I think Johnny may have one.

FrankWakefield
02-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Scott, I'm more inclined to think that's a mark for where the factory cutting should have gone.

It would be interesting to see other Polar Bear backs with such a mark, and to see how big the margins are on those cards, and the balance of the margins...

Jantz
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
It looks like a crop line to me.

Already mentioned, Johnny has a Polar Bear with a large crop line (along the top border ) just like the Demmitt.

If you won that card Scott..then Congrats! Nice card!

Jantz

Runscott
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
The marks look too heavy to me, but if there are other examples it would make sense that they are print marks.

mrvster
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Scott!!

Ultra rare alignment....crop mark!!

WOW....:eek:

Biggest one iv seen....i have one pb crop....i look for the scan....Jantz, Chris , Frank and the rest i knew you guys would chime in;)...smartest guys out there...

Surprisingly, i remember another Dem similiar....i think wonks might have it....Damn early senility:o

Peace

Runscott
02-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Scott!!

Ultra rare alignment....crop mark!!

WOW....:eek:

Biggest one iv seen....i have one pb crop....i look for the scan....Jantz, Chris , Frank and the rest i knew you guys would chime in;)...smartest guys out there...

Surprisingly, i remember another Dem similiar....i think wonks might have it....Damn early senility:o

Peace

Maybe I should have bid more - my snipe of $1,500 didn't even register.

mrvster
02-27-2012, 10:40 PM
:eek:

Sorry Scott......but someone got a nice crop/alignment on a Dem...i wonder if they know:confused:

i wonder if it was a board member:confused:

Jantz
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Scott

Of all the crop lines that I've seen, the ink in the crop line will be the same color as the ink used for the rest of the back.

Since you didn't win the card, we can't loupe it, but I downloaded your scan and inverted the colors and the crop line color appears the same.

That card is the trifecta for me. I need it for my basic set, my PB back set and it has the crop line! I sure would like to own it.

Jantz

Runscott
02-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Scott

Of all the crop lines that I've seen, the ink in the crop line will be the same color as the ink used for the rest of the back.

Since you didn't win the card, we can't loupe it, but I downloaded your scan and inverted the colors and the crop line color appears the same.

That card is the trifecta for me. I need it for my basic set, my PB back set and it has the crop line! I sure would like to own it.

Jantz

Rats. The reason my T206 'monster number' is so low is that I'm trying to build a set where every card has something 'wrong' with it. This one would have been perfect.

iggyman
02-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Scott,

In hindsight, you probably shouldn't have started this thread until after the auction was over. This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, that's great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.

Lovely Day...

Runscott
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Scott,

In hindsight, you probably shouldn't have started this thread until after the auction was over. This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, that's great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.

Lovely Day...

I DID start it after the auction was over.

iggyman
02-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Well, that was awkward.

Lovely Day...

wonkaticket
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/large/demmitt%202.jpg

Here's mine...same sheet I bet the mark is the same etc.

Runscott
02-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I think John's the one who's been writing on these Demmitts.

wonkaticket
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Caught again.....damn! :)

mrvster
02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
JOHNNY!!

LOL! i knew you had one !!lol;)

Saweet!!!

Runscott
02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Caught again.....damn! :)

John, thanks for posting that image! While the other T206 misfit-hounds apparently figured out it was a printer mark quickly, I needed help :) It just looked too thick and different from others I had seen. [edited to add: no 'she said' jokes, please]

I didn't get the Demmitt, but another tougher T206 just walked in the door. I'll show mine if Ted shows his :)

teetwoohsix
02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/net54shared/large/demmitt%202.jpg

Here's mine...same sheet I bet the mark is the same etc.

To echo what Jantz & Johnny said- beautiful card John. A dream card for sure.

Sincerely, Clayton

atx840
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Scott, next time send me or Johnny a note, we won't steal it :D I sent this card to Johnny when it was at .99, too bad it wasn't a common.

Runscott
02-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Scott, next time send me or Johnny a note, we won't steal it :D I sent this card to Johnny when it was at .99, too bad it wasn't a common.

Chris, I didn't think much about it - there is a PSA 2 on ebay currently with a BIN of $1699, so I figured this would sell for about $1450 because of the mark and its being off-center. I bid around $1520 and really thought I had it.

But thanks - I definitely should have asked one of you for your opinion.

mrvster
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Scott,

Chris has developed the "eye":D

The student is definetly becoming da master......;)

Jantz, Erick, has the eagle eye like a few others here....i am in awe on the sidelines:o

Runscott
02-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Scott,

Chris has developed the "eye":D

The student is definetly becoming da master......;)

Jantz, Erick, has the eagle eye like a few others here....i am in awe on the sidelines:o

I must admit - I'm in awe of you young guys as well

Jantz
02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
For a few seconds, I thought John's Demmitt was the same card as the Demmitt Scott had posted.

The break in the crop line is in the same spot and even the white spot under "Dist" is almost identical.

Thanks Johnny, funny thing is, my father used to refer to me as "eagle eye" when we searched for Native American artifacts. :)

Jantz