PDA

View Full Version : W554 Lloyd Waner Pinhole Seller

iggyman
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Gosh! Wouldn't it be a nice gesture for this flipper to have the common courtesy of mentioning the pin holes. Watch out for that Karma (I don't think the zoom feature is going to help you with it).

eBay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290671809452

Grand Slam auction result: http://www.grandslambids.com/auction_details.php?name=1930-W554-baseball-card-of-Lloyd-Waner-HOFer&auction_id=100570

Lovely Day...

Sorry for the rant, I'm just a little sore after missing-out on that "buy it now" W554 Gehrig. Oh well, it was off-centered anyways.....

x2drich2000
02-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I wish had seen that Gehrig as well. By the way, thanks for mentioning it, I would have been much happier had I not known about it. :mad:

Regarding the Waner, it looks to me like there is also a crease through his ankles, but the seller says no creases?

DJ

iggyman
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Sometimes the cards talk to me, sometimes I talk to myself. Thus, I'm going to bump this thread just to spite the seller and increase my Net54 post numbers.

From my point of view........win - win.

Lovely Day...

Leon
02-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Hey Iggy
I hear ya'.

Except for the contest threads, my threads probably have the lowest overall responses on average :). Shi* happens, or not. :o

iggyman
02-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey,

At least we both still have our Kojak good looks to fall back on.

Lovely Day...

phikappapsi
02-26-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't get it, he goes out of his way to show the pinholes in the scans, but deliberately fails to mention them in the description...shady

brianp-beme
02-26-2012, 09:30 PM
That seller is such a pinhole! I collect lower grade cards, so the fact that it has a pinhole wouldn't bother me. But I think it would bother all collectors that it wasn't mentioned in the write-up.

There...I extended the life of this thread for just a bit longer.

Brian

kcohen
02-27-2012, 07:08 AM
I was the under-bidder on this card. Had no idea that there were pinholes. I guess I can thank Iggy for calling it to my attention and making me less displeased to have lost. However, being able to nail the seller with a big red NEG would have helped to assuage the pain.

Leon
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I was the under-bidder on this card. Had no idea that there were pinholes. I guess I can thank Iggy for calling it to my attention and making me less displeased to have lost. However, being able to nail the seller with a big red NEG would have helped to assuage the pain.

I am not sure this seller, in looking at their other auctions, was really trying to pull one over. I think they just might not have thought about adding the pinholes to the description. Maybe they thought it was no big deal?

DJR
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM

iggyman
02-28-2012, 11:13 AM
You mean to tell me it was Robby who was selling that W554 Waner??? In that case, I can vouch for him; he is one of the good guys.

Lovely Day...

ls7plus
02-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Personally, I'm not that opposed to small pinholes on a really rare card--there's a lot less material loss there than a card with well-rounded corners has!

Best always,

Larry