PDA

View Full Version : Guess who I saw at the lodal "antiques" mall?

mighty bombjack
02-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Justin Priddy and Christopher Morales!

You know the type of place I'm talking about - an indoor flea market. I've bought a couple of interesting baseball items there, but nothing over 80 dollars. There are always big boxes of commons and autos from Rockies and Broncos players, but this was the first time that I saw ACE and Morales certs.

The ACE certs were on Michael Jackson autos. One seller sure had a lot of his autos on a lot of different pieces, and they were all certed by Priddy. Another seller had a bunch of sports stuff, mostly with tags that said "C.C.C.O.A.," which I assumed meant Coache's Corner. I was explaining to my father that I viewed this COA as worse than no authentication, which he had trouble believing until he saw this item for 800 bucks.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=295409

My father laughed out loud and needed no further explanation.

Bilko G
02-18-2012, 06:24 PM
so they were selling that exact Lindbergh cut for $800??

mighty bombjack
02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
so they were selling that exact Lindbergh cut for $800??

Yep. The tag said "$1600 value - $800"

We were left wondering, "Orville, Charles, and Amelia were hanging out, maybe doing a signing together, but where's Wilbur?"

I came home and searched the three names with "signed" and found the above auction.

David Atkatz
02-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Wilbur was dead--he died in 1912. But that shouldn't have stopped him from signing.