PDA

View Full Version : SGC Power Ratings

Runscott
02-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Are these accurate?

I was just checking this out for T206's and they give Demmitt/St. Louis a 10, but O'Hara gets an 8. Isn't that backwards?

Also, I remember one of the T206 collectors on the board has a link to old T206 Net54 threads, but I can't find his page. I remember it had a thread where board members had ranked the difficulty of various T206s, but I can't find that. If anyone has that link, please post - thanks.

bjcunningham
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I've bookmarked this back list in the past. Not sure if that is what you meant.

http://www.t206baseball.com/articles/rare-backs-in-the-t206-set

Robextend
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the power ratings are based on the Standard Catalog of Baseball Card prices.

I am a big SGC registry guy, but I put little to no stock in the power ratings. However, that is definitely one of the things that needs some updating/overhauling for various sets.

Runscott
02-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Bam - found it:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewll4b/t206collector/index.html

spacktrack
02-17-2012, 11:25 AM
When the sets were originally created, the Standard Catalog values were used as a benchmark for power ratings as Rob mentioned. While I worked there, I would often get input from active registry participants about sets that they were working on and I'd make changes based on their input. If there are any power ratings that are seriously out of line in your opinion, you can always drop an e-mail to the registry address and changes can be made.

Runscott
02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
When the sets were originally created, the Standard Catalog values were used as a benchmark for power ratings as Rob mentioned. While I worked there, I would often get input from active registry participants about sets that they were working on and I'd make changes based on their input. If there are any power ratings that are seriously out of line in your opinion, you can always drop an e-mail to the registry address and changes can be made.

Thanks Brian. Actually, I've spent the last few minutes digging through the old Net54 threads listed on the 't206collector.com' website, and it looks like the general consensus is that the two cards are about equal in availability. Ted Z and Scott Reader made most of the useful comments in those threads, so maybe one of them could chime in as to the appropriate power rating for these two cards.

I picked up O'Hara first, thinking Demmitt would be easier to get, but my memory is pretty horrible, so I could have had the scarcity mixed up.