PDA

View Full Version : OT- NY Sports Fans who subscribe to Time Warner and are being screwed

RichardSimon
02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
We are being royally screwed by Time Warner and MSG.
Two greedy corporations fighting over how to split up our money.
Go to their websites and complain.
Go to the NYS Attorney General's website and tell him to step into the negotiations and/or force these companies into binding arbitration.
http://www.ag.ny.gov/online_forms/email_ag.jsp

ibuysportsephemera
02-16-2012, 09:14 AM
On the phone with DirectTV as I am typing this. Goodbye to Time Warner.

Jeff

barrysloate
02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
At first I didn't care. I was joking to a friend that I was going to write a letter to Time Warner and tell them we don't care that you don't show the Knick games because they are boring and they stink.

Then Jeremy Lin came along. Now I am pissed, but I'm not at all sure whose fault it is. MSG is asking for a 50% increase in their fee so maybe TWC has a right to say no. Either way, nothing is more despicable than watching billionaires fight with each other over money. To hell with all of them.

RichardSimon
02-16-2012, 10:19 AM
At first I didn't care. I was joking to a friend that I was going to write a letter to Time Warner and tell them we don't care that you don't show the Knick games because they are boring and they stink.

Then Jeremy Lin came along. Now I am pissed, but I'm not at all sure whose fault it is. MSG is asking for a 50% increase in their fee so maybe TWC has a right to say no. Either way, nothing is more despicable than watching billionaires fight with each other over money. To hell with all of them.

+1
To hell with all of them is right. But the Rangers have the best record in hockey.
Unfortunately, my bldg. does not allow a satellite dish on my roof so DirecTV is out and FIOS and RCN cannot install in my bldg., don't know why but they cannot.

barrysloate
02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
I know the Rangers are sensational but I don't follow hockey. We were looking into FioS but my neighborhood doesn't have the right wiring for it, so it won't work. The next three Knicks games are on ESPN, WABC, and YES respectively, so I will be able to see a little Linsanity first hand.

Jay Wolt
02-16-2012, 11:29 AM
The next three Knicks games are on ESPN, WABC, and YES respectively, so I will be able to see a little Linsanity first hand.
Barry, make a trip to the Garden and see Lin firsthand ;)

barrysloate
02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen a Knicks game in person in 25 years. Do you know what they are asking for tickets? I won't pay it.:mad:

Jay Wolt
02-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen a Knicks game in person in 25 years. Do you know what they are asking for tickets? I won't pay it.:mad:

Contact Sarno, he'll probably comp you.
His apt when I visited him 3 years ago was a block from the Garden
They probably knew him by his 1st name

ibuysportsephemera
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Installation scheduled between 12-4 tomorrow. Anybody want to travel 60 miles North? I will make the popcorn. ;)

Jeff

RichardSimon
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Lucky you, my management company won't allow dishes on the roof :(:confused:

Mr. Zipper
02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I've been on DirectTV for about 15 years now. Love it. Better DVR boxes, better signal, better channels, better remotes and less $. I will never go back to Time Warner.

With DirectTV in the past 15 years, there has been ONE time we went through the "channel cancellation chicken" nonsense. Seems to be an annual event with TW.

bobw
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I also have Time Warner here in Brooklyn but I have been watching LinSanity streaming on the internet for free.

RichardSimon
02-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Bob - can you share that URL?

bobw
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Richard, I sent it to you in a PM

RichardSimon
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks very much, not a good night for the Rangers, but great to see the game on my computer.
Really appreciate it.

iwantitiwinit
02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
NYC city council announces today they give msg/twx 2 weeks to resolve issues. Bloomberg will be involved shortly. You can bet you will lbe watching the blue and orange soon!!!!! LINTASTIC!!!!

RichardSimon
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
My post and the city council must have put the fear of God into TW and MSG.
They just settled :D.

barrysloate
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
They settled? Wow, that's great news. Will tonight's game be on? (I was wrong about ESPN).

RichardSimon
02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't know about tonite's game.

barrysloate
02-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Let's give Jeremy Lin a hearty thank you for forcing the two sides to settle. It was no longer economically feasible for them not to with such a hot property as Lin.

novakjr
02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I hate to admit it, since I never buy into this type of hype. Especially hype coming from New York...But this Lin guy has been putting on a show. I don't know how long this will last, but I honestly like the guy, and wish him the best..

BBSD
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I HIGHLY recommend DirecTV. Once you have it you'll never go back. If your a tennis and/or golf fan you'll really dig the mix and multiple channels dedicated solely to the tennis slams and the golf majors which are FREE (ch. 701-707), not to mention the NFL Ticket and MLB Extra Innings and you'll get a superior picture imo.

ibuysportsephemera
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
DirectTV is installed and I am sure it will take some getting used to. I am watching the Knicks as I type this. Goodbye TW (well not really because I kept my road runner for internet).

Jeff