PDA

View Full Version : T206 Drums vs Uzit updates

Blitzu
02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I did some additional follow up to looking into the drum vs uzit debate from this thread http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=122438&highlight=t206+uzit+drum&page=2

Just thought I'd post some of the numbers I ran recently.

As of 02/14/2012:
SGC Uzit's= 90
SGC Drums=73
PSA Uzit's= 61
PSA Drums= 77

(Edit: By comparison in the 2009 thread posted by Jerrytotino there were:
SGC Uzit's= 81
SGC Drums= 62
PSA Uzit's= 33
PSA Drums= 60

That means since 2009 there has been an increase of 28 unit's and 17 drums by PSA, and an increase of 9 uzits, and 11 drums by SGC.)

2009 Totals- 114 UZIT and 122 Drums
Current Totals- 151 Uzit's to 150 Drums.

I know those numbers are skewed since I alone have two unit's that are not included in those totals, and I know of at least 2 other uzits that are not included.

Another thing I noticed was the great differences in the number of players available for each card by grader

For Uzit there were anywhere between 1 to 6 examples of a player vs Drum where there was only 1 to 2 examples for each player. Although for Uzit SGC had a total of 33 different players, and PSA had a total of 27 different players graded.
For Drum SGC had a total of 58 different players, and PSA had a total of 64 different players graded.

I didn't compare the players by company to see what the total's would be after being matched, but don't think it would be that much different.

I did note while looking at SGC's population report that the following players had both a Uzit and Drum registered under them.
Cy Seymour
Heinie Wagner
Jake Pfeister
Joe Lake
Orval Overall
Rube Manning
Sam Crawford
Vic Willis

Basically if anyone if planning on doing a back run with any of these players they definitely better have a deep pocket book to afford both examples.

Anyways, that was all I looked into. I wish we could get BGC's numbers and I'm not sure about GAI if they list the T206's by back (not prepared to pay 99 a year to find out).

mrvster
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
great job!!....:D.....can you find out about blank backs??

:D

Peace

Johnny

Blitzu
02-16-2012, 06:37 AM
great job!!....:D.....can you find out about blank backs??

:D

Peace

Johnny

I wish! :)

I have seen SGC label some of them as blank but I don't think that get's uploaded to their pop report. If only PSA would have labeled them differently than authentic we would have a chance.

It's nice and all that PSA made the change to categorizing the T206's with their backs but I wish they acknowledged some of the other variations like the blanks, or proofs, or less known errors, and factories into their labels. I know it would be a massive undertaking, and T206's are only a small minority of their products, but it would really help understand the rarities in these cards. Not just with T206's... I find it equally annoying that the T205's are not identified by their backs. I would sure love to see the breakdown between Hindu's and Drums.

MVSNYC
02-16-2012, 07:10 AM
also- when doing this analysis, one must understand that PSA only started designating backs on their flips about 4 or 5 years ago...the previous 15 years before that, they did not identify the backs separately. so it is really tuff to get a good idea about back pops.

Blitzu
02-16-2012, 07:20 AM
also- when doing this analysis, one must understand that PSA only started designating backs on their flips about 4 or 5 years ago...the previous 15 years before that, they did not identify the backs separately. so it is really tuff to get a good idea about back pops.

+1. That is one of the Uzit's I have is graded before it was designated by back. I would venture to guess that one would find a lot more uzits in those undesignated backs then drums, but who knows.

mrvster
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Blitz and Mike,

You both are so right.....i have been trying to find out the true level of true blank backs.....but, to me they are rarer than both drum and uzit:)