PDA

View Full Version : 1926 Spalding Ruth AD BACK PSA 8

shempdevil
02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I just picked up a 1926 Babe Ruth Spalding Champions card with the AD Back.
It is graded PSA 8 and is the only 8...there is only one PSA 9.

I see there are only 6 AD BACKS that have ever been graded.

Is this a pretty good find???

Thanks guys

Leon
02-14-2012, 12:02 PM
In my experience the ad back cards don't receive a value premium but they are more scarce. The 1927 copyright version of Babe Ruth does command a premium of 3x-5x....from my experience. I paid way more for my 1927 but it's because I was duking it out with another collector and it was an abberation (imo)...which was really good for the consignor and auctioneer but not so much for me :(

edited to add that on further thought the ad back will probably command a small premium. I would pay a small premium :).

http://luckeycards.com/phuncsportsco1926x2diffbac.jpg

shempdevil
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks, Leon.

I was hoping since only 6 AD Backs had been graded versus 52 Stat backs, that the Ad back would be quite a bit higher.

Any idea of a price estimate for the PSA 8 AD Back?

Leon
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Leon.

I was hoping since only 6 AD Backs had been graded versus 52 Stat backs, that the Ad back would be quite a bit higher.

Any idea of a price estimate for the PSA 8 AD Back?

An 8 just sold for right at 1500 in a public auction and prior sales are in that area or a bit lower.....I might add a few hundred for the ad back and say 1700-1800......

*** of course on any given day it will not be that number, but I think that would be close....nice card either way.