PDA

View Full Version : Ebay finally gives me an answer to how many NP Bidder strikes it takes...

slidekellyslide
02-13-2012, 10:21 PM
to get booted off of ebay...and the answer is you can't. :(

I turned a guy over today for non-payment and he emailed me and asked if I could just cancel the transaction. I asked him why and he said he lost his job, his house and can't afford it now. So I looked at his feedback and he has a ton of negative positives for non-payment. So I replied to him that I noticed he's been bidding and not paying for cards going back to October so I'll just let ebay give him his strike...he replied with profanity so I called ebay to turn him in.

The lady at ebay told me she would escalate it to the proper department...and I asked her how many NPB strikes it takes before an ebayer finally gets the boot...she told me the best way to deal with non-paying bidders is to block anyone that has 2 or more NPB strikes...I did not know that one could do this, but yes you can set your account up to block all bidders who have 2 or more strikes...I asked her how many strikes can one get before getting the boot and she told me that it just depends...I asked her what it depends on and she couldn't tell me. So the answer is apparently you can't get kicked off of ebay for non-payment.

The guy who stiffed me is Rivers17mvp if any of you guys want to block him.

D. Bergin
02-13-2012, 10:39 PM
The lady at ebay told me she would escalate it to the proper department...and I asked her how many NPB strikes it takes before an ebayer finally gets the boot...she told me the best way to deal with non-paying bidders is to block anyone that has 2 or more NPB strikes...I did not know that one could do this, but yes you can set your account up to block all bidders who have 2 or more strikes...I asked her how many strikes can one get before getting the boot and she told me that it just depends...I asked her what it depends on and she couldn't tell me. So the answer is apparently you can't get kicked off of ebay for non-payment.

You can only block somebody who had 2 or more strikes in the past month in the Sellers preference section. If somebody takes a month off their record is cleared, and they are free to bid on your stuff unless you have them individually blocked already.

slidekellyslide
02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
You can only block somebody who had 2 or more strikes in the past month in the Sellers preference section. If somebody takes a month off their record is cleared, and they are free to bid on your stuff unless you have them individually blocked already.

You've got to be kidding me? :mad:

Edit...I just went and looked and you can change that from one month to 12 months.

Brian Van Horn
02-13-2012, 11:03 PM
I have to admit in all of the auctions I ran in the past, I never had a non-paying bidder.

I stopped using eBay for auctions because the percentage cut for eBay was getting to be a bit much.

D. Bergin
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
You've got to be kidding me? :mad:

Edit...I just went and looked and you can change that from one month to 12 months.

Good to know. Just checked it out. They didn't used to give you any options past 1 month. Wonder when they changed it.

Jantz
02-13-2012, 11:38 PM
I have to admit in all of the auctions I ran in the past, I never had a non-paying bidder.

You have been lucky then.

One of the main reasons I stopped selling on Ebay was because of NPBs. It got to the point that I was listing a card 2-3 times before I could get it sold.

Good information (blocking bidders) to know though in case I ever decide to start selling again.

Jantz

jbbama
02-14-2012, 08:06 AM
I talked to ebay last year about a feedback issue, the lady would not let me talk to a supervisor even after i demanded, and said as long as the feedback was not profane or obscene they didn't care what it said or if it was factual............not going to beat my head on the wall again (to say i was pi$$ed after hanging up the phone would be an understatement). Ebay sucks!

rjackson44
02-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Ebay is such a joke omg

rp12367
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I talked to ebay last year about a feedback issue, the lady would not let me talk to a supervisor even after i demanded, and said as long as the feedback was not profane or obscene they didn't care what it said or if it was factual............not going to beat my head on the wall again (to say i was pi$$ed after hanging up the phone would be an understatement). Ebay sucks!

You should have called Comcast, you would have gotten same answer and 1 month free HBO :D ....

buymycards
02-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi had one guy buy 250 of my items and he never paid for them. I had called ebay and they were no help. They said that since all 250 npb's had come from one seller that it only counted as one strike against him. I had to file 250 npb claims, then relist all 250 items. This jerk is still on ebay.

Rick

D. Bergin
02-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi had one guy buy 250 of my items and he never paid for them. I had called ebay and they were no help. They said that since all 250 npb's had come from one seller that it only counted as one strike against him. I had to file 250 npb claims, then relist all 250 items. This jerk is still on ebay.

Rick

Please post his ID.

thetruthisoutthere
02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Please post his ID.

Ditto. Please post his ID.

slidekellyslide
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Rick

A disgruntled former customer? I'm always worried that someone I've blocked or turned over for non-payment is going to do this to me someday.

Runscott
02-14-2012, 09:37 PM

Rick

Rick, there's an option for having the npb claims filed automatically for you. I learned this the hard way, but only had 15 or so to file manually - it was very irritating. That buyer is also still on ebay. Perhaps he had some sort of legitimate problem - I didn't see any need to try to get ebay to 'punish' him.

buymycards
02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
He has 2 ID's tomf0601 and tomfal51. I just did an ebay search and he is no longer registered under either of these ID's.

Rick