PDA

View Full Version : Jim Umbricht autograph

Theoldprofessor
02-13-2012, 07:10 PM
This may not be the right forum at which to post this question. If it isn't, please tell me which forum to use.

I own a single-signed Jim Umbricht ball, PSA certified. Any idea what it might bring at auction?

HexsHeroes
02-13-2012, 07:29 PM

. . . that a Jim Umbright single signed ball, with a reasonably strong and clean signature would bring between $500 - $2500. Placement of signature, cleanliness of ball, color of ink would certainly influence price too. Hence the reason for the wide spread in my estimate. Buyers can be very fickle with the various attributes of a signed baseball.

I based my guess on observed past sales of signed cuts/album pages ($150-$250), and 3x5/GPC ($350-$750). A single-sign ball is a scarce creature, and quite possibly decent bait for a small bidding battle between the right two or three collectors.

If the quality of the signature and ball are both decent, I, personally, would think you would have no problem having it accepted as a consignment with one of the better sports auction houses.

Just my two cents worth.

Theoldprofessor
02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks very much for your insight. You've offered some very good advice.

pclpads
02-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Getting qualified exemplars could be tough. He's been dead nearly 50 years and was only in the bigs 2 years B4 his untimely passing. A no-sellers commish auction house might be the best way to sell it and maximize your profit, vs. doing it on your own. Great luck to you!

prewarsports
02-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Dont know if this helps you at all, but here are my two real examples. One from a document and one from a Minor League team sheet.

Rhys

ruth-gehrig
02-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Here's mine on a program along with Clemente that is still available for purchase through the buy sell trade section or pm for details.