PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mitchell and Ness

Cooper1927
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I would like to get a Mitchell and Ness 1927 Yankees jacket. Does anyone know if they ever go on sale or if there is a cheaper place to get them than their website?

Thanks!

henson1855
02-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Sometimes you can find them on Ebay used if you are lucky.

brownscollector78
02-11-2012, 06:25 PM
If you're going the Ebay route, watch out for fakes though. I don't know about jackets but there are a ton of fake jerseys that are suppose to be M and N on there but are fakes.

Bosox Blair
02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
These guys make a nice product, but I'll never deal with these clowns again.

I have just wrapped up one of the worst e-commerce transactions I've ever had with these guys.

Short story - my lady bought my Christmas gift from these guys in November. Because of a FedEx SNAFU the jersey got return shipped to M&N. So what did they do? They sold it to someone else and didn't tell me until I drilled into it weeks later. Then they said it's out of stock so you can't have this product...that they took my lady's money for months before...

Eventually I had to settlle for another product as a substitute that was my 3rd or 4th choice.

And then they carelessly filled out the FedEx forms incorrectly, which resulted in me having to pay about $20 to FedEx once it arrived. I had to go through a multi-week appeal process with FedEx to get my $20 back (not even close to worth my time, but I won't tolerate being screwed over...)

Good luck if you order from them...

Cheers,
Blair Curtis

HRBAKER
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Ebay is a definite minefield for M&N stuff.
Be very wary.

irishdenny
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Years ago I wanted a Really Nice Colt Jersey. With a Company such as they are... I assumed that their products were made in the Good ole U. S of A. When I did the ebay thing, giving it my best effort to make sure that it was Original, I finally got what I wanted :) Only to find out that it was made in Thailand.

To this day, I'm very happy that I only paid 80 bucks for a "Real" one...
As opposed to one that was made in Korea with a Thailand label on it...

Just saying...

Ps I Also just spent a little chunk on a 1903 (M & N) New York National Replica Black Wool Jersey, I am very happy that I was even able to find one, at a fairly decent price!

Runscott
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Years ago I wanted a Really Nice Colt Jersey. With a Company such as they are... I assumed that their products were made in the Good ole U. S of A. When I did the ebay thing, giving it my best effort to make sure that it was Original, I finally got what I wanted :) Only to find out that it was made in Thailand.

To this day, I'm very happy that I only paid 80 bucks for a "Real" one...
As opposed to one that was made in Korea with a Thailand label on it...

Just saying...

Ps I Also just spent a little chunk on a 1903 (M & N) New York National Replica Black Wool Jersey, I am very happy that I was even able to find one, at a fairly decent price!

Are you sure it's not a 1905 replica? Here's my 1905 replica:

Vegas-guy
02-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry for the terrible pic, I would take another one but the movers already have it..:( My wife bought me this the first year we were together and had it framed with two T206s (fake) and a banner that reads "NY Yankees 1909 Road Jersey"

Sorry she nor I can remember where it came from..:(

HRBAKER
02-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Denny,

I ended up with a fake from ebay once.
And although both the real and fakes eminate from the far east, the difference was very apparent.

Jeff

YankeeCollector
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
If you're going the Ebay route, watch out for fakes though. I don't know about jackets but there are a ton of fake jerseys that are suppose to be M and N on there but are fakes.

I recently bought a Ruth road jersey from eBay. It had a tag attached. How do u detect a fake?

irishdenny
02-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Are you sure it's not a 1905 replica? Here's my 1905 replica:

Hi There Scott,

I'm sure... It say's 1903 in Calligraphy written embroidered numbers on the bottom right side. And just like your's, it's a Cooperstown collection from M&N...
I'll take a Picture of it here soon and post it you'd like!?

Ps And I also just noticed that this one says, "Made in the U.S.A."
Now I feel a Little bit Better!

Cooper1927
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks to all those who have replied...

It is sounding like Mitchell and Ness may not be the best route. Next question - Is there another company out there that would have a similar item to what I am looking for (i.e. 1927 Yankees jacket)?

irishdenny
02-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Denny,

I ended up with a fake from ebay once.
And although both the real and fakes eminate from the far east, the difference was very apparent.

Jeff

Same here! (The Colt Jerseys) Only I bought the fake the second time around(white home jersey) No padding in the sleeves.

As for the NY Nationals... major waiting and the right legit seller was the key!
I Love this Jersey...

Runscott
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi There Scott,

I'm sure... It say's 1903 in Calligraphy written embroidered numbers on the bottom right side. And just like your's, it's a Cooperstown collection from M&N...
I'll take a Picture of it here soon and post it you'd like!?

Ps And I also just noticed that this one says, "Made in the U.S.A."
Now I feel a Little bit Better!

Cool. My understanding was that each of these had a limited run, so maybe they quit doing the 1905s and moved to 1903. As some have mentioned, you can easily tell the quality between the good ones and the fakes - mine is of the same quality as one of the old Spaldings or other U.S.A. manufacturers.

olrac44
02-13-2012, 05:37 AM
I would like to get a Mitchell and Ness 1927 Yankees jacket. Does anyone know if they ever go on sale or if there is a cheaper place to get them than their website?

Thanks!

Cooper,

If you "like" M&N on facebook they have discount codes every once in a while. Especially around the holiday times. I have a few items from them and never had a problem.