PDA

View Full Version : ..Net54baseball was down :(

Leon
02-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Hey folks
I am so sorry. Our hosting company moved data centers and didn't tell me. I am not sure if we will stay up but I hope so. I apologize very much but I had no clue about it. best regards (and thanks for all of the emails)

frankbmd
02-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the update, I thought it was something I said.

FrankWakefield
02-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the update / explanation.

christopher.herman
02-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Welcome back all.
I hope my twitching from Net54 withdrawal will settle down now soon.
Now back to all the T206 threads.

batsballsbases
02-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks Leon,
I think Barry must be having some serious withdrawl from not being able to post all day.:eek::eek::D

Leon
02-11-2012, 08:04 AM
and don't think this has gone unnoticed to the hosting company. My emails to them have been less than kind. At the very least they should have warned me and I could have relayed the message. I have been livid (well, sort of) for the last 15 hours. ......

batsballsbases
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Leon,
I think you should send them a picture of a burned in half T206 card . Maybe that will let them know we take things serious around here!;););)

Leon
02-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Leon,
I think you should send them a picture of a burned in half T206 card . Maybe that will let them know we take things serious around here!;););)

or maybe an 06 hanging by a noose :). This is serious stuff, this here baseball cards!!!

batsballsbases
02-11-2012, 08:16 AM
or maybe an 06 hanging by a noose :). This is serious stuff, this here baseball cards!!!

maybe your suggestion would be better!:D:D:D

Blitzu
02-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Ohh my, I thought annonymous hit this site simultaneously with the CIA website!! [/sarcasm]

MVSNYC
02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Leon- i think the "horse's head in the bed" would be best.

glad we're back up and running!

mrvster
02-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Leon,

I almost SHXX myself!!:)

Didn't know what to do....actually had to comb ebay:eek:

;)

D. Broughman
02-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey Leon You need to let the hosting company know some of us collect baseball bats ;) Thank You for your time getting us back up. The better half says Thank You very very very much!

dog*dirt
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I actually had a conversation with my wife. I hope this does not happen again for another year or so.

Runscott
02-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Hey folks
I am so sorry. Our hosting company moved data centers and didn't tell me. I am not sure if we will stay up but I hope so. I apologize very much but I had no clue about it. best regards (and thanks for all of the emails)

Leon, they didn't warn any of the forums they host - another hobby forum I participate on was also walloped last night, unannounced.

zljones
02-11-2012, 10:12 AM
i actually had a conversation with my wife. I hope this does not happen again for another year or so.

lol!

familytoad
02-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Finish this sentence...

"An evening without N54 is like an evening ..."

...watching home movies with your crazy aunt.

Please continue...

mrvster
02-11-2012, 10:15 AM
that was funny:D

alsup2311
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I actually had a conversation with my wife. I hope this does not happen again for another year or so.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Was it about baseball cards?

dog*dirt
02-11-2012, 10:31 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Was it about baseball cards?
Kinda, the conversation was about me being obsessed with anything I ever do and wondering why I can't use my obsessive nature to do something productive around the house.

02-11-2012, 10:37 AM

My wife got a kick out of that one! She said, "I don't know what breaks up marriages more: Net 54 being up, or Net 54 being down."

HRBAKER
02-11-2012, 10:38 AM
My wife made a passing comment as I wondered in and out of the den/kitchen, "Slow night on the boards?"

MikeGarcia
02-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I sent them a jpeg of a 44-ounce Louisville Slugger with some fake blood on it . I put a quarter next to it so they'd think it was from Leon.

Leon
02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I sent them a jpeg of a 44-ounce Louisville Slugger with some fake blood on it . I put a quarter next to it so they'd think it was from Leon.

Nice one Mike....and those are some pretty funny comments guys. We really do have some supportive better halves. And in total transparency here is a message I just got from the hosting company. My response back to them was that, I understand, and had I known BEFOREHAND, it wouldn't have been too big of an issue.. I can sort of equate this to when we moved to our new software approximately 3 yrs ago....It pretty much had to be done as we had outgrown the antiquated Network54 software.Global Gold Hosting (our hosting co.) was bought by IOMart several months ago. Here is Chris from their company explaining the situation.

"GlobalGold previously rented datacentre space in three different sites and had its servers there. Iomart actually own 5 of their own datacentres which are manned 24x7 by their own staff onsite, all Iomart Datacentres are highly redundant. The servers were moved last night into iomart's Maidenhead datacentre so that our staff can better respond to issues rather than using "remote hands" outsourcing externally, or sending staff to visit a datacentre. The downtime was the time it took to power down all servers and for them to be transported and re-racked and brought back online. The outage window was 10pm last night with all to be online between 4am and 6am
- unfortunately some unforeseen events caused the 6am long stop time to be missed for a small number of customers.

The plan that is progressing through was to first get our engineers full control of equipment, then move the servers into our datacentre, then start adding more servers into the GlobalGold pool to boost performance and reliability. I'm guessing you've had a good service previously to raise this particular event. Unfortunately, that has not been the case for many customers who have been going offline regularly, it became essential to do this move so that we could better deliver a quality service.

Our staff who manage the datacentres 24x7 also deal with support tickets, so there will be improvements to support. Also, now the kit is all in Maidenhead, our monitoring systems are being installed across the board which immediately flag any issues to datacentre staff for swift response."

Chris - Infomart

02-11-2012, 11:01 AM
As an IT guy, I can fully understand their need to make the move, but they should've let you know beforehand!!!

Jason
02-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Im glad the sites back up.Net 54 and SGC Registry at the same time.I realized how much time I really pass on cards.

Bill Stone
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I found myself saying " I want my Net 54 " to the tune of "I want my MTV" promotion from years ago. Glad we are back on track.

ValKehl
02-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Without Net54, I spent more time on eBay searches than I have in a long time, and stillI went to bed before midnight, for the first time in a long time!
Val

freakhappy
02-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Finish this sentence...

"An evening without N54 is like an evening ..."

...watching home movies with your crazy aunt.

Please continue...

For a second, everyone think if we didn't have Net54...we would be forced to use Ebay for our primary source of T206's.

Anyone puke yet?

buymycards
02-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi,
I haven't been able to access Kevin Savage's website since Thursday. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Rick