PDA

View Full Version : AB 460 Printer's Marks or Something Else?

AndyG09
02-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey friends. I picked up this AB 460 for the purposes of reselling. When it showed up today, I noticed these lines on the back of it that I hadn't noticed beforehand. The lines are quite thin, and don't appear to be handwritten. The color isn't green like the lettering, almost a bluish color, but very hard to tell otherwise. The lines are perfectly straight. Sorry for the weak pics. I need a better scanner.

The most noticeable line runs between the subject line and factory line all the way across the card.

Working vertically up the card, the next can be seen running from the left edge through the "Ba" in Baseball and "ies" in Series. The lines run directly through the tops of the letters, I would guess for alignment.

The next line runs from the left edge directly to bottom of the "C" in Cigarettes.

The last and most faint runs mostly across the card (really hard to see) from the left edge under the "B" in Beauty and can be seen a bit further down under the "Y" extending to the right border.

I have never seen anything like this and wondered if anybody else had.

Best,
Andy

Jaybird
02-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Most likely from when it was stuck to a notebook page. You will see these blue lines and an occasional red line on cards that were soaked off albums.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/jasonleemiller/Decomposition-Book-Recycled-Composi.jpg

sb1
02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Jason is correct, not uncommon to see T206's soaked off notebook pages, which is why many remain so nicely preserved.

AndyG09
02-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks Jason and Scott. That is what I suspected at first, but as they lined up so nicely with the lettering, I wondered if they were something more. I just measured them, and the widths are identical. Appreciate the help!

Best,

Andy