PDA

View Full Version : Need an opinion

Lee17
02-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I got this T206 a few years ago and was looking at my cards. Wondering why this card is graded at 1.5 instead of 2. What was the difference why it wasn't a one or make it to 2. There is a very minor crease on the front bottom and that is all. Overall a good eye appeal. I have seen a PSA 2s with noticable creases, but get graded 2?

Thanks

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/tank_1989/T206/96754748.jpg

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj593/tank_1989/T206/91aeb7ac.jpg

freakhappy
02-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Just remember that grading is very subjective no matter which TPG you send it to. There have been countless times people here on the board have sent the same card in over and over to see the grade change from one to two grade levels.

Does your card have any paper loss? From the looks of the card and taking everything you said into consideration, it looks like it could and possibly should have easily graded a 2 or a 2.5 on any given day. The only thing I noticed is that it looks dirty on the front, but that would still easily fall into the "2" range. If you're thinking of selling this card, the difference between a 1.5 and a 2 is not much at all and a lot of people go for the eye appeal anyway, not so much what it graded.

If you are really concerned and want this in a "2" holder, resubmit it, but I don't think it would be worth doing.

Jason Carota
02-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Is there paper loss (or something stuck) just below his wrist? If so, I can see the 1.5 over a 2. Still a nice looking card, be it a 1.5 or a 2.

Lee17
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Freakhappy- I totally agree with you about not resubmitting it, it is not worth it. I am only collecting Psa 1-2s with good eye appeal, I am not looking to get rich of those.

Jason- Thank you for pointing out that it could have gone either way. That was I kept thinking too, and like you guys said, it's all about how the card looks. While I don't want it to be completely dirty, I think an aged car looks cool and tells it's own story when you look at it.

Anyways, my name is Lee and I joined a couple weeks ago. I collect t206s, 52 Topps, 86-87 fleer basketball, and then random pre war/vintage.

Thanks for your input fellas.

Lee

Ease
02-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Welcome Lee!