PDA

View Full Version : Display your program and ticket combo

smotan_02
02-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi,
Im new to the forum, but so far Im loving it and trying to learn all I can. I was curious how you guys display your program and ticket combos? Im most curious as I have a beautiful 1928 Army Notre Dame program and ticket (win one for the gipper game) that I would love to figure out how to display (versus sitting in my trunk). Also, do you prefer making a high quality copy of the program cover to frame versus locking the program away in a frame?

Most of my tickets are PSA slabbed, any idea how to add that to the combo and make it look good?

Scotty

Writehooks
02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi, Scotty:
I have several custom-framed boxing program/ticket combinations — some of which also include wirephotos and cards. An original ticket and program for Ali-Chuvalo I is part of the display pictured below. Both the ticket and program can be accessed via 'trap doors' cut into the back of the matting by my framer. When the frame is on the wall, the 'doors' are snugly held closed by small pieces of velcro.
Hope this helps!

smotan_02
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
That looks great. I like how the pennant is framed in there. What are the dimensions? I like the idea with the clasp in the back.

Writehooks
02-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Scotty:
The frame measures 40 inches wide by 28 inches deep. The pennant is the standard 27 x 12 inches. I also have several combos that featured a framed wire photo with the program from the fight depicted in the photo, and others with just a wire photo and ticket. The 'trap door' in the back matting makes it easy to remove the programs or tickets for closer examination. I think it makes for a nice display.

Ease
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Awesome display Murr!