PDA

View Full Version : Read this one and something smells I think

GrayGhost
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SELLING-ENTIRE-130-PIECE-RARE-VINTAGE-BASEBALL-MEMORABILIA-COLLECTION-/260947540759?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item3cc1af7b17

haha

thetruthisoutthere
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Could it be more obvious that he's trying to avoid paying the high "final value fee."

$65,000.00 for shipping. How long will it stay up for....

Mr. Zipper
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Is there anyone on the world that could actually make it through the entire description? Forty or so paragraphs all in CAPS. :confused:

thetruthisoutthere
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Could it be more obvious that he's trying to avoid paying the high "final value fee."

$65,000.00 for shipping. How long will it stay up for....

I was just reminded that shipping costs are included in the final value fee.:)

murphusa
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
the first 9 day auction for this had a shipping fee of $70,000

D. Bergin
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I was just reminded that shipping costs are included in the final value fee.:)

I have a feeling HE doesn't know that. :D

They actually take a higher percentage out of the shipping costs nowadays, then they would the actual item.

DinoPro
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I wonder if you can win this lot and then "pick up" the winnings ( without paying the postage of $69,000.00 ).

Hell, you could fly first class anywhere in US and ship winnings back to your homebase.

Just a thought...............

GrayGhost
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Plus, most of the stuff, as a friend pointed out, looks like fakes:)

doug.goodman
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I've been emailing with this guy, it's a fairly entertaining conversation, the "your out" part made me laugh :

ME - I am interested in the baseball items, can I see more pictures and a list of prices that you want for each item, please? thanx, Doug

SELLER - If u dont want the rocknroll items, the baseball portion would sell for 60k. Is that ok? -regostom52

ME - I'm not necessarily interested in all of it. I need pictures and prices.

SELLER - Sorry just looking to sell as a whole collection for now

ME - Get me pictures and prices and I might buy it all.

SELLER - I HAVE NOW SEPARATED MY BASEBALL FROM THE OTHER ITEMS IN MY COLLECTION INTO ANOTHER AUCTION RUNNING. I ALSO POSTED 16 PHOTOS BETWEEN THE TWO BASEBALL ONLY AUCTIONS. I WILL BE POSTING MORE. THANKS.

ME - When you are serious about selling this stuff get me pictures and prices and we can have a discussion. Your ebay auctions have low quality photos of very few items. Pictures of $10 newspaper clippings don't count, as far as I'm concerned.

SELLER - Those are not ten dollar newspapers sir. I take offense. Your out

ME - Laughing out loud. Ok, no problem, good luck with your sale, my wife would prefer I use the money on a down payment for another house anyway. Best regards, Doug

SELLER - Well why would u insult someone whom your trying to do business with? Are u willing to pay my full asking price? Then you need to use the buy it now function on the auction. Thanks

ME - If you took that as an insult, I apologize, I was commenting on the info I have been given about a potential purchase.

At the moment, I am not willing to commit to paying any portion of your asking price because I haven't received enough information about your items.
If I receive enough information about the items that you are attempting to sell, and if I feel that they are worth the price(s) that you are asking, then I will pay the price that we agree on.

Send me pictures.

Please.

Thanx,
Doug

SELLER - Did u receive the photos i emailed today?

That's where we currently stand, I haven't received his pictures. I think he may have typed my email address wrong, and since ebay strips email addresses from the messages it's slightly complicated to get them to the other person.

Doug

drc
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Win the auction then dispute the shipping charge. You might get eBay to lower it to $10.