PDA

View Full Version : Amazon is going after the sports collectibles market

RichardSimon
02-03-2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/amazon-hopes-to-entice-buyers-sellers-to-online-sports-collectibles-shop/

Exhibitman
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
If you think ebay/paypal is brutal to sellers wait till you see what Amazon does to them...

Mr. Zipper
02-03-2012, 07:05 AM
It seems as if this is just a formal promotion of what already exists. Amazon already has a lot of signed memorabilia. Some of it is through legit dealers like Mill Creek or Steiner, but at insane markups. And there are others who are suspect and sell material that would certainly be removed from ebay.

thetruthisoutthere
02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Here's a beauty on Amazon right now. Horrific Derek Jeter forgery.

thetruthisoutthere
02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
More crap on Amazon.com.

RichardSimon
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
AN AMAZON AD that I just saw :D -

Attention to all the autograph sellers who have been thrown off ebay,,,
COME TO US, we won't cause the problems that ebay does and you can have free rein in our store.
Not to worry about silly little things like authentication, COA's, ebay reporting and other silly things. JOIN US NOW.

Mr. Zipper
02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
LOL

I knew it. Amazon is just copying the business model of that other new site!

Give us your forensics, your secretarials,
Your ex-Powersellers yearning for no monthly fee...

D. Bergin
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
If you think ebay/paypal is brutal to sellers wait till you see what Amazon does to them...

Yup.

Especially hate the fact that you can buy a store on Amazon, and they encourage sellers to piggy back off the pictures and descriptions of other sellers.

I've even done it myself with a few items, because they don't let you put up your own listings if you don't pay for an Amazon store. They MAKE you piggyback off other listings.

Their fees are insane and their shipping credits are nowhere near actual cost on many items. Forces you to actually jack the price up on a lot of stuff.

Oh, did I mention you only get paid in 15 day cycles............and then it takes a few days to actually clear your bank.

D. Bergin
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
LOL

I knew it. Amazon is just copying the business model of that other new site!

Give us your forensics, your secretarials,
Your ex-Powersellers yearning for no monthly fee...

Yeah, it's funny. Amazon and Ebay should just stop flirting with each other and tie the knot.

thetruthisoutthere
02-07-2012, 07:10 AM
OK.

drc
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
amazon used to have auctions, but they didn't do well so ended.

I would guess most sellers sell books on amazon, which may explain the image sharing.

thetruthisoutthere
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
My latest blog about Amazon.com

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/amazon-com-promoting-autographed-memorabilia-derek-jeter-mickey?commentId=3524372%3AComment%3A214406&xg_source=msg_com_forum

Rich Klein
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
In Baseball Cards; Check out My Cards (a respected vendor for selling other people's cards on line) has an agreement with Amazon.

thetruthisoutthere
02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
In Baseball Cards; Check out My Cards (a respected vendor for selling other people's cards on line) has an agreement with Amazon.

Rich, I have an account with them (checkoutmycards), but I've never purchased store credit. Do you know anyone who has purchased from them?

Thanks.

thetruthisoutthere
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
How's this for a Amazon.com ad in the NY Post.

That Jeter is a beauty!!!!

Rich Klein
02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Chris -- I'm a vendor on that site and on many of the newsgroups people talk about their COMC experiences as buyers.

99.5 percent of time, cards are packed beautifully and safely. In addition, they do their best to put good scans and note any real problems with cards.

It is a very respected site and if there are some Jeter's you need, I would not hesistate to use that site.

Rich

thetruthisoutthere
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Chris -- I'm a vendor on that site and on many of the newsgroups people talk about their COMC experiences as buyers.

99.5 percent of time, cards are packed beautifully and safely. In addition, they do their best to put good scans and note any real problems with cards.

It is a very respected site and if there are some Jeter's you need, I would not hesistate to use that site.

Rich

Thank you, Rich. That's one thing I did observe. There was card I was looking at that was priced very low, but it was noted in the description the defects on the card, hence the low price.

thekingofclout
02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah, it's funny. Amazon and Ebay should just stop flirting with each other and tie the knot.