PDA

View Full Version : 1919 World Series Ticket

Shoeless Moe
02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
This is a bit of an odd one to me. Anyone here the current consignor?

It was 1st bought 6 months ago at Hunt Auctions in July 2011, they paid $900

http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=33&lot_num=531&lot_qual=

The buyer then broke it out of the SGC holder and had it put into a PSA holder, I believe the charge for this is $100 for this value of a stub. They then put it in Huggins Auction that ends tonight:

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=41076

so they are in for $1000, it sells for $1000, so minus their consigners fee to Huggins they prob lost $100 or so bucks. That's a lot of work to lose $100 bucks.

stlcardinalsfan
02-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Lost more money than a hundred and looked like a good deal to me both times. Whitesox home games are more collectable and valuable than the reds. I probably would have bid if I would have been paying attention. Now if anyone would just sell me a 1927 gm 4 I would be happy. Sometimes it is just fun go buy and sell, because many of these older tickets are truly rare.

Jay Wolt
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Seems more like a gamble that didn't pay off then anything odd.
SGC doesn't grade & slab tickets anymore, so perhaps the consignor felt there was more $ to be made w/ a PSA slab.

stlcardinalsfan
02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
When did SGC stop slabbing ticket?

Jay Wolt
02-03-2012, 07:10 PM
When did SGC stop slabbing ticket?

Its my understanding that they only graded tickets for a short while when a submitter had
quantity that he wanted slabbed.
To this day they do not mention grading tickets nor pricing on their website.
Hopefully they will get back to doing it as competition gives us all options.

stlcardinalsfan
02-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Its my understanding that they only graded tickets for a short while when a submitter had
quantity that he wanted slabbed.
To this day they do not mention grading tickets nor pricing on their website.
Hopefully they will get back to doing it as competition gives us all options.

I agree... Plus their holder was nice...