PDA

View Full Version : Ebay item reporting

bn2cardz
01-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Does anybody know how this works (or if it even works)?

I have reported this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220938884813&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_1243wt_1027) the first day it was listed and a couple of times since and it is still up with $41bid with 18 watchers and 10hours left.

I have told the seller that they are reprints and that he now knows so he needs to get rid of his disclaimer. He said "Ok" but hasn't changed a thing.

Maybe I am wrong maybe these aren't reprints they are the rare 20's issued black sweet caporal and piedmont backed cards with the factory No.s erased.

pgellis
01-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I think the Summers is a reprint, but I think the other are good. So he has 4 cards.....1 a reprint and the others appear to be legite to me.

t206hound
01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
I think the Summers is a reprint, but I think the other are good. So he has 4 cards.....1 a reprint and the others appear to be legite to me.

There's no factory indication on the Piedmonts (amongst other indicators)... they are all reprints.

I just reported it as well... hopefully its taken down. The seller tried to append the listing with "I,M NOT SURE IF THESE CARDS ARE ORIGINALS ARE REPRINTS I'M NOT A CARD EXPERT PLEASE JUDGE FOR YOURSELF THANK YOU!!"

pgellis
01-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I missed that the first time looking quickly at them. You guys are right....they are all reprints.

rp12367
01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
E-bay is useless when it comes to this. I have reported stuff numerous times. I even called e-bay a few weeks ago. After going thought 100 help menus, I finally had to say my account was hacked just to get the 800 number and pin. Then all I got was their usual canned (Scripted response) to any issue. Would have been better off calling my cable company, same results....

vintagecpa
01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
"Does anybody know how this works (or if it even works)?"

From my personal experience, it works pretty lousy. I don't waste my time anymore.

bn2cardz
01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
I really don't know what standards ebay has to remove an item. Even the honus wagner polar bear back is still up (has been mentioned in another board post). I am sure that one has been reported a few times as well. I just get so frustrated with trying to get this stuff removed to no avail sometimes.

I understand the entire "if someone bids/buys they deserve what they get" but I was scammed once on one of these as a teenager trying to buy some. I am no longer a newby at this so I know what to look for but there are other newbies that have no clue what they are looking for and won't realized it until they get this crap in the mail.

Leon
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
I really don't know what standards ebay has to remove an item. Even the honus wagner polar bear back is still up (has been mentioned in another board post). I am sure that one has been reported a few times as well. I just get so frustrated with trying to get this stuff removed to no avail sometimes.

I understand the entire "if someone bids/buys they deserve what they get" but I was scammed once on one of these as a teenager trying to buy some. I am no longer a newby at this so I know what to look for but there are other newbies that have no clue what they are looking for and won't realized it until they get this crap in the mail.

I used to be part of the fraud reporting ebayers that had a special email to send bad auctions to. Once it got so out of hand, and their responses were slow at best, I gave up. I think ebay doesn't have the manpower, or possibly the inclination, to stop all of the crappy listings. As always, unfortunately, it's buyer beware.