PDA

View Full Version : Mike Egners Pennant Guide Question

brownscollector78
01-30-2012, 03:29 AM
I only collect Cleveland Browns pennants and wouldn't use the guide for any other purposes. Roughly how many Browns pennants are listed in the guide? I understand that it is a vast resource for baseball pennants but would it be worth my $ to buy the pennant guide if I'm only looking at Browns pennants?

Anyone who has the guide and could give some information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HRBAKER
01-30-2012, 04:15 AM
I only collect Cleveland Browns pennants and wouldn't use the guide for any other purposes. Roughly how many Browns pennants are listed in the guide? I understand that it is a vast resource for baseball pennants but would it be worth my $ to buy the pennant guide if I'm only looking at Browns pennants?

Anyone who has the guide and could give some information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There are 16 pennants in the guide for the Browns.

brownscollector78
01-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Hmm..not too many.

Thanks for replying!

bobfreedman
01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
What is the name of the guide and how can one purchase it?

sayhey24
01-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Just google Mike Egner Pennant Guide, and it will come up on Amazon and a number of other sites.
It's called Vintage Pennant Price Guide.

Greg

lefty147
01-30-2012, 09:32 AM
I have about 20 more Browns ones to add at this point and I would guess around 1,000 overall for the book. I have started on a revised edition. I would love to get any pictures of Browns ones you have that are very rare. Mike

Tigerden
01-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Mike-Looking forward to the revised edition. Please let us know when you they will be ready for purchase. Adam

lefty147
01-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I will for sure. It just takes a lot of time. I learned a lot the first time around and want to take the extra time to not make the same mistakes twice. Mike

thecatspajamas
01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Mike-Looking forward to the revised edition. Please let us know when you they will be ready for purchase. Adam

+1

I don't deal with pennants a whole lot, but have found the current edition very helpful when I do. I'll definitely be picking up any future editions as well!

mcgwirecom
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Hey, for you pennant collectors...whats the best, EASIEST way to mail them? I have some 1970's which are the stiff kind that can crease. What is the easiest way to mail? To do it flat makes it real large and may be easy to bend. Can you roll them losely and use a tube?

perezfan
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't ever fold or bend them too tightly. The pre-1960s ones can be loosely rolled (as the felt is typically a lot softer). Many people are worried about the felt wrinkling or creasing, but the bigger concern is the painted graphics. If bent too severely, the graphics tend to pucker and/or crack.

I prefer packing them all flat, but that's obviously a more costly way to go. If a seller is hell-bent on rolling it up, I'll sometimes offer to pay extra shipping for the flat package. Hope this helps :)

Fly Chucky Fly
02-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi all, I'm new to the site and am a collector of Philadelphia Eagles pennants. Is there a guide out there detailing what pennants are out there?

thecatspajamas
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I counted 26 different Eagles pennants shown in MIke Egner's "Vintage Pennant Price Guide"

brownscollector78
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
PerezFan is right. When mailing pennants, ALWAYS ship it flat. Just break down and tape a couple/few priority boxes together to make it long enough.

Almost every experienced pennant seller does this.

Any other method has a good chance of damaging the pennant.

vintagesportflips
02-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Hello Fly Chucky Fly,
Welcome to the board - I am a fellow Eagles pennant collector and I just sent you email regarding my collection, sharing pennant info, etc.

perezfan
02-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Fly Chucky Fly....

That invitation from Keith is the best resource you're likely to have, regarding Eagles Pennants. There are very few he doesn't have, and some are sure to blow you away. His collection is top-notch and I'm sure you'll benefit from this contact.

I was going to suggest you reach out to him, if he didn't see your post... fortunately, he did!

brownscollector78
02-02-2012, 11:55 AM
+1 Yes Kjjavic has a very nice collection indeed

vintagesportflips
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the kind works Mark and James.
It turns out that I have known Fly Chucky Fly for awhile, but I didn't realize he had joined this board and I didn't recognize his login name. He has a very nice collection as well, and we have shared info and photos for several years.

smotan_02
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Keith's man cave is the envy of any collector.

vintagesportflips
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Thank you very much for the kind words Scotty