PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NYC Dinner Thread

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, we had a very nice group of hobby friends that used to get together for dinner in NYC on a pretty regular basis, but it broke up and it's been a couple of years since the last one. And John M. and I thought it would be a good idea to revive this tradition.

So who's up for a dinner? Hope all the regulars, as well as the guys who came occasionally, will want to get back together. Time and place is open for discussion (not 500 posts).

And there are a bunch of new guys on the board who are welcome to join us....just post on this thread and say you are in.

If you live out of town and want to join us, maybe we can set a date around your schedule. Please remember that no matter what day we pick, there may be one guy with a conflict. So while it seems a simple thing to do it often gets more complicated than you would think.

Anyway, let's get the ball rolling and we'll see where it goes.

drc
01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
If we hook up some sort of video simulcast, can I eat with you guys from Seattle?

margoaepi
01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I'd be interested. Tried to get this going a few months back but the response was tepid at best.

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Sure David...but you might have to have dinner at 3:30 in the afternoon.:)

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I remember that Josh, and that's why I extended the invitation. It's not always an easy thing to get started. The first time we tried, about 5 years ago, we had a thread of nearly 600 posts. It went on for a week.

wonkaticket
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Barry, I'm in the first two weeks of Feb are tight but after that I'm wide open.

John

MVSNYC
01-29-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm in, Barry...would be great to revive our tradition!

MS

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi Michael- look forward to seeing you.

John- I was thinking late February- early March, so no problem there. I was going to suggest let's wait until the Spring, but the whole winter has been a Spring.

sportscardpete
01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I'd consider it if we met up around the end of February. Do we have an idea of where the venue will be?

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Pete- well, we still have to pick something. Anyone is welcome to suggest a place, but we ususally take a few choices from different people and see which one works best. Feel free to start us off.

bcbgcbrcb
01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I would be up for it as long as it is a Saturday or Sunday afternoon/early evening event.

How about Dallas B-B-Q located in Times Square? That would make it very easy for those using mass transportation like myself who can easily arrive at Port Authority on 42nd Street & 8th Avenue.

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Phil- I'm fine for a Saturday or Sunday, but we haven't had the best luck with weekend dates. Let's see the responses we get.

Michael Peich
01-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Barry--I'm good for a gathering after Feb. 19. I'll even hector John the Wonka to come with me, as he said he would, a little Philadelphia contingent! Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Cheers, Mike

chris6net
01-29-2012, 06:33 PM
How about a steakhouse in Brooklyn. I heard they don,t take credit cards:)

barrysloate
01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Peter Luger's is cash only....unless you have one of their credit cards.

ibuysportsephemera
01-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd like to be included. I am 60 miles North of Manhattan.

Jeff

judsonhamlin
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Put me down for a definite maybe. Weeknights are better for me to train in after work. Once you set a date :D, I'll try and make it in. The dinners were fun, even when the Brucii joined us...

wonkaticket
01-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Barry--I'm good for a gathering after Feb. 19. I'll even hector John the Wonka to come with me, as he said he would, a little Philadelphia contingent! Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

Cheers, Mike

Mike, you're riding with me! :)

Luger's is fine with me!

John

barrysloate
01-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Guys- let me point out that it is very difficult to get a reservation at Luger's for so many people at a reasonable time. That's a good place if four of us want to get together, but if it turns out we need a table for 15 or 20....well it won't be easy.

For now let's just see who would like to join. Looks like everybody has a different schedule and it is always a challenge to coordinate this.

Rich Klein
01-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Was legendary

Hoping for a repeat of the greatness of the past

Rich

Leon
01-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Was legendary

Hoping for a repeat of the greatness of the past

Rich

Rich=instigator :)

barrysloate
01-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Let's limit this thread to no more than 400 posts. At 401, Leon has my permission to lock it.:)

MVSNYC
01-30-2012, 08:07 AM
let's keep it to midtown manhattan. i'm sure there will be people coming from all angles, and keeping it centrally located in the city would probably be ideal. in the past steak houses usually work out best, or something like a PJ Clarke's. if you need help organizing Barry, let me know. i'm good except for early March, will be in europe then, anytime before or after should be fine.

barrysloate
01-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Michael- I'm happy to organize the board part of it, seeing who wants to join us and picking a time. I might need your help with finding a restaurant and getting a reservation. I agree midtown Manhattan makes the most sense. As much as I like Luger's, I think it would be harder to coordinate.

I was going to suggest a date around March 1st. Anyone who is interested should post whether or not that date is good, or you may suggest an alternative. We already have Phil who can only make weekends, and Judd who needs to do it during the week. So we aren't going to please everyone. At some point we will have to make a decision, knowing that a few people will have to pass. That's just the nature of putting together a big group.

MVSNYC
01-30-2012, 08:42 AM
here's when the thread starts getting long ;)

i'll be a plane March 1st...how about Feb 27 or 28?

barrysloate
01-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Later in the week is a little better for me than a Monday or Tuesday, but I won't rule those days out. But I don't think we're ready to pick a day until we find out exactly how many are able to join us. Where are Joe and Jeff? Are they in or out?

MVSNYC
01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
sorry, i thought we were picking days already, since you suggested March 1st. my bad.

here's a bigger window:

Week of Feb 21st? (exculding monday 2/20)
Week of March 12th?

wonkaticket
01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Barry I'll eat anywhere I'm game for just about any place.

barrysloate
01-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Michael- you're right, I did suggest a day. What is the best way to do this? We have a group of people who said they would like to be in, but it depends on what day we pick. And there may be a few more who haven't seen this thread yet who might want to join us. So let me list a bunch of choices, and let's see how people respond:

1) Thursday Feb 23
2) Saturday Feb 25
3) Monday Feb 27
4) Let's wait until mid March to meet

Let's try these four choices, and see how people respond. I am able to do any from 1 to 4, but would prefer a Thursday or Saturday as it works better. Anyone else?

bcbgcbrcb
01-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Saturday, Feb. 25 would be best for me

wonkaticket
01-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Barry I'm good for all of those dates.

canjond
01-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm in - and al the dates would work for me.

oldjudge
01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Mid-March works best for me

MVSNYC
01-30-2012, 11:30 AM
feb 23 or 27 or mid-march for me.

judsonhamlin
01-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Michael- you're right, I did suggest a day. What is the best way to do this? We have a group of people who said they would like to be in, but it depends on what day we pick. And there may be a few more who haven't seen this thread yet who might want to join us. So let me list a bunch of choices, and let's see how people respond:

1) Thursday Feb 23
2) Saturday Feb 25
3) Monday Feb 27
4) Let's wait until mid March to meet

Let's try these four choices, and see how people respond. I am able to do any from 1 to 4, but would prefer a Thursday or Saturday as it works better. Anyone else?

My best shot would be option 1 or 4. If we are talking about steak and mid-town, how does Ben Benson's sound to the assembled masses?

bijoem
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
a NYC dinner thread! my favorite kind of thread.

when a date is finalized - I will definitely look to make it.

WillowGrove
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Would love to put some faces and personalities and fun to the names. I would have to wait till choices 3 or 4 but will try to make any date. Thanks for starting this ball rolling Barry.

Rich Klein
01-31-2012, 09:51 AM
C'mon folks -- we're only at 38 :D

Blunder19
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Let me know the date and I would like to come too... im out on long island so it easy for me to get there...

Jamie

barrysloate
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Let's wait a little longer and see how many are in, and get a rough idea of what date works for the most people. Unfortunately, there is no date that will work for everyone, but we'll try our best.

bijoem
01-31-2012, 12:29 PM
under over for firm date:
reply 113

under over for when firm date changes to different firm date:
reply 267

:D

barrysloate
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Joe- hope you're well, and look forward to getting together with you again.

And I wouldn't touch that bet. I already see it's going to be very hard to pin this down, and I don't want to be a the bad guy who locks someone out of the dinner. Maybe in the end we will pick 2 or 3 dates and vote, with the majority winning.

Leon
01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi Joe- hope you're well, and look forward to getting together with you again.

And I wouldn't touch that bet. I already see it's going to be very hard to pin this down, and I don't want to be a the bad guy who locks someone out of the dinner. Maybe in the end we will pick 2 or 3 dates and vote, with the majority winning.

I will have my secretary make sure my chauffeur is on duty that night. She will be calling in my rsvp for me. I am so above this sort of trivial operartional stuff.

MVSNYC
01-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Leon, i think you mean Dial-7 limo...

Wonka- got the old photoshop mock-up you made a few years ago? ;)

wonkaticket
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Dial 7 how real players roll!

http://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/junkforumimages/Dial7_2.jpghttp://photos.imageevent.com/piojohn3/junkforumimages/1981_5130_1_1.jpg

bijoem
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Barry -

I am looking forward to getting together with you as well.

It has been too long!

VintageBall
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Set a date and I'll be there!

Robert S

barrysloate
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Look forward to seeing you again Robert, it's been a long time. Maybe tomorrow we can work on setting a time....then we can work on a place.

VintageBall
02-03-2012, 08:06 AM
We should keep these things going a few time a year!

Michael Peich
02-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Looking forward, Barry. Actually, that photo Wonka posted was before I had my face-lift. After John took it he fell over backward into the flower bed off our deck. Poor old Wonka had had too much wine, and too many cigars. He'll be a good boy in NYC.

Cheers, Mike

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 08:43 AM
At post #29 I listed four choices- three different dates or a wait until March. Would it make sense to take a vote, and have everybody pick one date that works best, and then tally the votes?

I just don't want to be the guy who picks it, because I know no matter which one I choose I will be leaving somebody out. That's inevitable.

So what do you all say?

1) February 23
2) February 25
3) February 27
4) Mid-March works better

Then when we have a date, we can try to decide on a restaurant. How does that sound? I will start and pick February 23.

batsballsbases
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
This thread always reminds me of the MASH episode when B.J. tries to get all the parents together to meet. :D:D And Joe I think your way low I feel a 400+plusser coming.;);)

margoaepi
02-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I will try to make any of them work. Depending on people's preferences, a great place for a group dinner is Francisco's Centro Vasco on 23rd.

bijoem
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
This thread always reminds me of the MASH episode when B.J. tries to get all the parents together to meet. :D:D And Joe I think your way low I feel a 400+plusser coming.;);)

Al - you may be right!

Barry..... I think you were a bit optimistic with the title of your thread.
Please change it to 2013 NYC Dinner Thread.

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Josh- it might be beter to pick one, and if your date doesn't win, it will still be assumed that you will be able to attend anyway. Unless of course somebody else wants to suggest a better method.

Or we could form a committee.;)

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Al - you may be right!

Barry..... I think you were a bit optimistic with the title of your thread.
Please change it to 2013 NYC Dinner Thread.

Okay, maybe somebody else should do this. Should I just pick a date? I can, but it doesn't seem fair.

bijoem
02-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Okay, maybe somebody else should do this. Should I just pick a date? I can, but it doesn't seem fair.

yes Barry. you should just pick a date.
whoever can make it will, whoever can't won't.

you'll never get a unanimous decision on the board.

Its easiest if you pick a date and let the chips fall where they may.
Pick the restaurant too!

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm going with Joe's idea.

Let's do the dinner on Thursday, February 23 at 6:30 PM. That's my pick.

As far as where we go, I eat pretty much anything so I will take suggestions. Mid-town Manhattan makes sense but it can be elsewhere. Preferably something moderately priced if such a restaurant exists. Please make your suggestions.

MVSNYC
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
atta boy, Barry!

if you remember, i used to be the one who organized these things...not as easy as it looked, right? ;)

i'm in for Feb 23.

Joe- remember Southern Hospitality? that could work...it's a rather upscale BBQ joint in Hell's Kitchen. great food, reasonably priced, cool atmosphere. this could be a good spot, assuming they can accomodate the amount of people. here's the link, give them a call.

http://southernhospitalitybbq.com/

bijoem
02-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Michael -
I thought the Southern Hospitality food was 'okay' - and if I remember.... kind of noisy / loud?

MVSNYC
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
gotcha Joe, guess you're right. here i was thinking we'd be able to lock up the place just one post after we figured out the date...silly me! :) ...maybe by post 250, we'll have the place nailed down?

other suggestions (some of which we've been to before, but were good):

Morton's
Spark's
Old Homestead
Fresco by Scotto

I also like PJ Clarkes. if we can get a big table there, will be a fun place to have it, i think.

bijoem
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Sparks to me was the best food / value we had at one of the NY dinners.

I'm not in love with Mortons or Fresco by Scotto.

I haven't had the other two you have mentioned.

The 'okay' food part I mentioned really is not an issue though IMO -
But it would be good if the place chosen is not too noisy so we can have nice dinner conversation.

edit: PJ Clarkes sounds good to me - especially with your endorsement.

margoaepi
02-03-2012, 10:51 AM
If its BBQ people want, then Hill Country will be perfect.

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I missed the dinner at Sparks and as I recall everyone raved, so why don't we consider that? Michael, I nominate you to make the reservation if you don't mind...but of course we first need a head count.

So far it's Barry, Michael, Joe, and Josh. Who else would like to join us?

margoaepi
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
So I just saw that the time for this dinner is 6:30. I think that anything before 8 is unlikely for me given work. I'm happy to come by mid-dinner and have a cocktail with everyone though.

barrysloate
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Josh- by all means, please come by later and say hello. As I said, no time works for everybody. We're just going to go with it.

barrysloate
02-05-2012, 07:31 AM
This already slipped down to page 2, not a good sign for our NYC dinner. Anybody still interested in doing this, on the date I chose? Or should we start over?

Leon
02-05-2012, 07:52 AM
This already slipped down to page 2, not a good sign for our NYC dinner. Anybody still interested in doing this, on the date I chose? Or should we start over?

I think you need to get Jim Crandall (hi Jim) involved on the decision. That should tighten it up a little bit. :) .....And maybe Peter Nash and all of his aliases can join ya'll, between his court losses?

MVSNYC
02-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Barry- stay strong, brother. same date, same time. we just need a head count, then we'll lock up the place and make a reservation, gotta be decisive setting up these things...right now i think it's between Spark's & PJ Clarke's. but if anyone has another idea, let's here it.

Will John M make it up?, is Lichtman coming? how about some of our NJ peeps- Al C, Rob Lifson, Scott Levy, etc...?

barrysloate
02-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Leon- where is Jim C.? He apparently disappeared again.

Michael- I suspect not all those people are going to attend. I'm not going to push it anymore- we need anybody who wants to join us post in this thread and say that he will attend. We need a head count to make a reservation. Hey, no guarantee this will happen beyond our usual gang.

calvindog
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Mike, I owe you an email; I've had a crazy couple weeks but am free now.

I can't make the dinner on that date but should be free the end of Feb or this week for a dinner.

wonkaticket
02-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I can make that...or another most likely if we change....

Cheers,

John

Michael Peich
02-06-2012, 07:53 AM
I'll be there on Feb. 23. Thanks, Barry, for putting this together.

Wonka--Call me about going up together.

Cheers, Mike

barrysloate
02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
We've slipped to page 2 so I thought I'd give it a bump.

Since I picked the Feb 23 date, we have six confirmed;

Barry S.
Michael S.
Joe D.
John M.
Robert S.
Michael P.

And Josh said he would try to show up after dinner for a drink. Anybody else want to join us? We need a head count to make a reservation.

We still don't have a restaurant but I am going to let someone else pick it. As far as the noise level, I find it almost impossible to hear anybody except the people sitting right next to me. If someone is at the other end of the table, they might as well be in a different restaurant. When it gets too big you have to accept that the noise will win out.

Anyway, this has not been generating much interest. If it slips to page 2 again, I am going to let it slide. So what does everybody say?

MVSNYC
02-08-2012, 08:59 AM
maybe we make a reservation for 8 or 10 (for now), just to have something held, then we can add/subtract/change later.

Spark's
PJ Clarke's
?
also- Quality Meats is very good http://qualitymeatsnyc.com/#

Lavo is a fun scene, altho a little pricey http://lavony.com/indextemp.aspx

barrysloate
02-08-2012, 09:23 AM
How about a reservation for 8 at either PJ Clarke's or Sparks?

MVSNYC
02-08-2012, 01:21 PM
ok, we have a res for 2/23 Thu, 6:30pm at Spark's Steakhouse, for 8 people. (PJ Clarke's doesn't take reservations).

Barry- you're in charge of the head-count. if it changes, let me know and i'll adjust the res. as it gets closer we should just verify that everyone can make it.

http://www.sparkssteakhouse.com/#13287324809341&true

barrysloate
02-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks Michael for doing that. I assume we would be fine with between 7-9 people, and if it is more or less then we may need to make a change.

So we have six people confirmed and room for a few more. Everyone is welcome. Please post on this thread if you want to join us.

judsonhamlin
02-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Would love to join you guys, but I am starting a trial that week. Damned work...

VintageBall
02-08-2012, 04:25 PM
For those who can't make Feb 23rd, let's keep 'em coming and do a few a year, the way we used to.

These dinners are a great excuse to actually leave work at a decent time and you get to talk cards, to-boot!

Judson -- let that trial slide, some to dinner instead...

Robert S

barrysloate
02-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Would love to join you guys, but I am starting a trial that week. Damned work...

You still have to eat.:)

judsonhamlin
02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
This whole work thing can be really inconvenient sometimes. Next time, though. Have some creamed spinach for me.

bijoem
02-16-2012, 06:00 AM
one week to go.

its great to get the NYC dinners back on track.
Looking forward to the conversations (and the steak).

barrysloate
02-16-2012, 06:42 AM
So far there are just six of us, and we have a reservation for eight. Anyone expect to be hungry that night?

ibuysportsephemera
02-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I would have loved to meet you guys, but I will be away on business. Enjoy...maybe I can make the next one.

Jeff

barrysloate
02-20-2012, 05:30 AM
Hey guys- this Thursday February 23 is the night of our Net54 dinner. We will be meeting at:

Spark's Steakhouse
210 East 46th Street
NYC
Reservation: 6:30 PM

So far we have six confirmed: Michael S., Joe, Barry, John, Robert, and Michael P. Any additions or subtractions to that number?

Michael- should we still hold a table for eight, or should we tell them six?

Look forward to reuniting with everyone, and there is still room for a few more but please let us know ASAP.

MVSNYC
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
hi barry- let's keep it at 8 for now...if come wed we're still only 6, we'll change the res.

Rob D.
02-20-2012, 09:27 PM
nm

Bicem
02-20-2012, 09:33 PM
nm

Bruce joke?

barrysloate
02-21-2012, 07:59 AM
I just got an email from Keith Thompson, and he would like to join us. So we now have a head count of seven, assuming everyone else is in.

VintageBall
02-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm still in...

Robert S

Michael Peich
02-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi Barry,

I'm in and looking forward to tomorrow evening, although I don't relish the drive back to PA.

Cheers, Mike

barrysloate
02-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Look forward to meeting you Michael. No, I wouldn't relish the drive into NY or back to PA....you are a trouper. Are you coming down with John?

Michael Peich
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Barry--I just talked with John and we'll be there in the Wonka-mobile. See you tomorrow.

Cheers, Mike

barrysloate
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM
A Wonka-mobile....cool:)

Jaybird
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/jasonleemiller/imagesqtbnANd9GcSMTWC6NgixeuPtgdZ-C.jpg

MVSNYC
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
i will call Spark's tonight. just to confirm we are officially at 7 people? if that's the case, i'll adjust the res to 7 (down from 8).

margoaepi
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
So I likely will be stuck at work, but in the off chance that I can make it up there for a drink, what name will the reservation be under?

MVSNYC
02-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Sarno

barrysloate
02-23-2012, 04:26 AM
I plan to get there a little early- around 6:00 or 6:15, hope I won't be the only one. See everyone tonight!

margoaepi
02-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Deleted

bcbgcbrcb
02-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Looks like another year that I won't be able to make it. It seems that the final choice always ends up being on a weeknight, which is too difficult for me commuting from NJ after getting out of work in the evening. I understand that the concensus rules and you can never make everyone happy.

Oh well, I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys their evening.

Phil

frankbmd
02-23-2012, 09:54 AM
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/jasonleemiller/imagesqtbnANd9GcSMTWC6NgixeuPtgdZ-C.jpg

Have a great time and have a safe trip home.

barrysloate
02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Sorry about that Phil. Maybe one of these days there will be a Saturday night one.

MVSNYC
02-23-2012, 12:14 PM
i just confirmed our res with Sparks (6:30pm). i kept it at 8 people in case we have any surprise guests pop in. i'll be there right at 6:30

*All-in- 105 posts to this point...not bad at all!

bijoem
02-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Sorry about that Phil. Maybe one of these days there will be a Saturday night one.

I think a weekend is doubtful -
Phil is just going to have to take a day off of work for one of these dinners.
:D

barrysloate
02-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I think that time Leon came in we did a Saturday.

MVSNYC
02-23-2012, 02:40 PM
i'm positive the dinner we did when Leon was in town was on a Thursday (don't ask me how i remember that).

the only weekend dinner we've done was at Rob Lifson's.

barrysloate
02-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Michael- Leon came in Friday Feb 15, 2008 and we had dinner on Saturday night.

How do I remember that day? It was the day my mom passed away.:(

barrysloate
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
It was great seeing everyone tonight, catching up on old friends and meeting Michael P. for the first time...what a gentleman!

And a special thanks to John M. for going way above and beyond....

MVSNYC
02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Barry- I agree on all accounts. was a great night- awesome steak & wine, and even better company.

John- thank you again. was a blast!

wonkaticket
02-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Great seeing everyone had a great time needs to be done more often.

Cheers,

John

bijoem
02-24-2012, 05:54 AM
What a great evening!

The food was delicious, and the company and conversation was awesome.

The best part of the hobby (to me) - is evenings like last night.... a chance to break bread, laugh, and share stories with fellow collectors.

Here is a group photo.... (I wish I knew how to get the white from the flash out of everyone's eyes..... but here goes)

http://www.internetville.com/stuff/nyDinner2012.jpg

barrysloate
02-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks for posting that Joe. Yes, don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes. For those who don't know our merry bunch, from left to right:

Michael P., Barry S. John M. (Wonka), Joe D., Michael S., Robert S., and Keith T.

Leon
02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Nice follow up with pictures and a bit of commentary, guys. Sounds like another great evening. If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times.....a big part of the hobby (to me) is the friends and camaraderie.....I wish I was with ya'll last night....but I was attending a funeral. :(

bijoem
02-24-2012, 07:04 AM
sorry to hear that Leon.

Michael Peich
02-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Last evening is what the hobby is all about--enjoying talk about baseball while having good food and drink. Thank you, Barry, for organizing the evening, and thank you, John, for your generosity. It was a memorable gathering, and not the last one I hope. Thanks for asking me to join.

Cheers, Mike

PS-I think I was more fortunate than most because Wonka and I talked baseball cards during the ride up and back.

wonkaticket
02-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Likewise Mike I agree great conversation up and back.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Keith T amazing meeting ya if you're reading this great stories.

MVSNYC
02-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Also- special thanks to Rob S. for bringing some incredible postcards to pass around the table!