PDA

View Full Version : Another Non Paying Ebay Goof Joshua Sando Fair Warning

smokelessjoe
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Yep... Joshua A Sando does not pay his bills. joshuasando ( 147)

Emailed me with the cliche' "I put in $100 instead of $10 dollars". Then goes on and on about how the card is worth a 5th of the price etc etc... Even states that the under-bidders look fishy. Its the same old predictable line of bull.

I do not buy his story but even if it was true - it does not matter to me - a deal is a deal whether you mess up or not. I guess I am from a different time, a different school.

I usually do not like to start these kinds of posts, not sure that I ever have - but I would block this punk from bidding on your listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110808922793?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Royally pisses me off
Shawn England

slidekellyslide
01-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Last week I listed about 60 old letterheads from different companies..about 1/3rd of them sold for the minimum bid ($4.99), but one of them went for $212. The underbidder emailed me and asked if I could tell him who won it..he did not expect it to go for that much and said he put in an insane bid just to guarantee he would win it....I gave him the bidder's ID so he could see there was no funny business on my part...the winner who still had not paid after 5 days contacted me telling me he only wanted to pay $100 for it...I emailed him back and asked him why he bid over $200 if he only wanted to pay $100 for it and he told me that he didn't expect it to go that high. I'm holding him to the $212 he won it for and gave him extra time to pay for it...I'm sure I'll pay for that in my DSR ratings. :(

thetruthisoutthere
01-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Last week I listed about 60 old letterheads from different companies..about 1/3rd of them sold for the minimum bid ($4.99), but one of them went for $212. The underbidder emailed me and asked if I could tell him who won it..he did not expect it to go for that much and said he put in an insane bid just to guarantee he would win it....I gave him the bidder's ID so he could see there was no funny business on my part...the winner who still had not paid after 5 days contacted me telling me he only wanted to pay $100 for it...I emailed him back and asked him why he bid over $200 if he only wanted to pay $100 for it and he told me that he didn't expect it to go that high. I'm holding him to the $212 he won it for and gave him extra time to pay for it...I'm sure I'll pay for that in my DSR ratings. :(

When it comes to buyers like that, Dan, I never let them off the hook even if it affects my DSR numbers.

What a bunch of crap from that seller. If he didn't want to pay more than $100.00 for it, then he shouldn't have proxy bid $200.00. Never let buyers off the hook.

That garbage about not allowing sellers to give moron buyers negative feedback is a bunch of BS!!!

iwantitiwinit
01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
A deal is a deal, period. Ebay is now a breeding ground for the unscruplous, it fosters less than standup behavior and allows for the abuse of the honest. I am totally fed up with it. I sold 35 cards on Sunday and already have problems with 3 people trying to renege on purchases. I am done with it.

slidekellyslide
01-24-2012, 02:13 PM
I can't afford to be done with it so I just roll with the punches, but I'm not running into much of a problem selling cards..I sold 50 football autograph/relic cards last week and got paid for every single one on time.

smokelessjoe
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
You gotta take the good with the bad. The best you can do is try to stay informed and block the bad ones from bidding. You will never stop them all, but....

Joshua Sando is not a responsible ebayer.

Shawn England

iwantitiwinit
01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
A deal is a deal, period. Ebay is now a breeding ground for the unscruplous, it fosters less than standup behavior and allows for the abuse of the honest. I am totally fed up with it. I sold 35 cards on Sunday and already have problems with 3 people trying to renege on purchases. I am done with it.

Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible. Yesterday he sent another message at 8:30 am asking if I had mailed it yet. I can tell this one will be a problem.

johnmh71
01-24-2012, 02:48 PM
I had one guy tell me that he decided to read the listing AFTER he won the lot I was selling. This was after he bid three days before the end of the auction. Some of the people on there amaze me.

steve B
01-24-2012, 02:54 PM

Personally I'd let him cancel and once it's mutually and agreeably cancelled I'd block him.
If the underbidder seems comfortable with the explanation I'd forward the reneging buyers email with most of the identifying info removed and make a deal off Ebay with him, even at a much lower price. I'd feel better selling to a person who seems to really want the item rather than someone who's going to bid big then back out of things.

I've placed what to me were really big bids on a few things, and usually won for right about what I expected. Only a couple times has an item gone for near or above what I thought was a crazy bid. And I was ok with it because I just don't bid more than I'm comfortable with right then.

Steve B

Runscott
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM

Dan, that sucks. As a seller, I almost always just bite the bullet and tell them to forget about it, and I don't worry about blocking them. But if it really bugs you, you can just turn him in for non-payment - ebay will resolve the case by telling him to pay, and there won't be any negative feedback. If he doesn't pay, you get your fees back and he gets a strike.

Wahoowa
01-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible. Yesterday he sent another message at 8:30 am asking if I had mailed it yet. I can tell this one will be a problem.

I'm assuming he paid, right?

BTW, that was a nice group of cards, wish I would've won a few of them.

iwantitiwinit
01-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes he paid. Thanks for the compliment about the cards.

Tabe
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Actually had one buyer send me an email at 11pm on Sunday asking if had mailed the card yet, the auction ended at 9pm that same night. Unless the post office has some new hrs I am unaware of this would have been impossible.
Well, a fair number of post offices do have machines for postage that are open 24/7 so, theoretically, it's possible you could have mailed it at 10pm on Sunday night. I know that I've done that many times myself.

That said, the guy is a tool for even asking.

Tabe

19cbb
01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you block a bidder? :confused:

slidekellyslide
01-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Go to the bottom of pretty much any ebay page...look for site map and click on it. When you get there search for "Block Bidder/Buyer List"..click on it and you can add the ebay name of anyone you want to block.

19cbb
01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Go to the bottom of pretty much any ebay page...look for site map and click on it. When you get there search for "Block Bidder/Buyer List"..click on it and you can add the ebay name of anyone you want to block.

Done. Thanks!
Not easy to find without instructions... :mad:

T206DK
01-24-2012, 07:05 PM

My brother currently has a 33% non pay average since Novemeber on ebay and he does about 12 auctions a week. Yep, about 1/3 of his buyers fail to pay or come up with a lame excuse as to why they can't or won't pay. The latest scam is for unscrupulous buyers to say they never got their card even though the parcel was insured or had delivery confirmation. They get their money back and get to keep a free card basically. My brother has had at least 3 of these types of incidents since December 1st. Ebay offers no support whatso ever and actually sided with the liar buyer in one case

slidekellyslide
01-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I am currently trying to get payment from someone with a +7 feedback rating...I decided to look at the feedback and every single one is a negative positive for non-payment. How many times can someone do this without getting suspended?

Link to their feedback - still not suspended. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=benscars15&ftab=AllFeedback

slidekellyslide
01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
My brother currently has a 33% non pay average since Novemeber on ebay and he does about 12 auctions a week. Yep, about 1/3 of his buyers fail to pay or come up with a lame excuse as to why they can't or won't pay. The latest scam is for unscrupulous buyers to say they never got their card even though the parcel was insured or had delivery confirmation. They get their money back and get to keep a free card basically. My brother has had at least 3 of these types of incidents since December 1st. Ebay offers no support whatso ever and actually sided with the liar buyer in one case

I put DC on every package...I've had two people in the last few months claim to not receive their item when the DC said that it was delivered. They both put a claim against me and I won both times. I had another seller this week tell me that the item they got was broken..I told them to send me a picture and they said they would, but never did. They gave me a positive this week without ever sending a pic. I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me to do partial refund and when I asked for a pic of the broken item the game was over. They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know. :(

mrvster
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Hello,

I was the underbidder....i emailed you.....we can work out a deal :D

It was a fairly cheap card, thought i could get around what i offered you...

let me know....

Hope all is well...

Peace

Johnny

FUBAR
01-25-2012, 12:22 AM

last time this happened to me, as soon as i confirmed i mailed it, he took his money back.

i would tell him you mailed it and see what happens within a day or two

D. Bergin
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I put DC on every package...I've had two people in the last few months claim to not receive their item when the DC said that it was delivered. They both put a claim against me and I won both times. I had another seller this week tell me that the item they got was broken..I told them to send me a picture and they said they would, but never did. They gave me a positive this week without ever sending a pic. I'm pretty sure they were trying to get me to do partial refund and when I asked for a pic of the broken item the game was over. They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know. :(

It's amazing how many times this happens. 9 times out of 10 they come back with some variation of..............."whoops, found it in a pile of junkmail my husband, wife, son, daughter, etc.. brought in a couple weeks ago.", after I give them the tracking info, and ask them to question their local post office about miss-deliveries or stolen packages.

bobbyw8469
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
They probably hit my DSR's though...there's no way to know.

Oh, but there IS a way to know!!

slidekellyslide
01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh, but there IS a way to know!!

Do tell...