PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country moving company?

Vegas-guy
01-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Guys,

It looks like my wife and I will might be relocating from Vegas to the East coast (NC) can someone recommend a good and somewhat reasonable (cost) moving co that you've used and were happy with? Thanks,
Reg

ChiefBenderForever
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
It's not gonna be cheap, go with someone reputable so they don't come load up all your stuff and never be heard from again. We had an Arpin affiliate move us from minneapolis to connecticut. They used one semi and took two days to pack everything up, also put a vehicle in the back of the semi trailer as well. Luckily my wifes company paid for the move, the bill was $15k.

HRBAKER
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
During the past year I moved half way across the country. United Van Lines handled my move and I was very happy. Moved my autos too. I will concur, not cheap.

Cardboard Junkie
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
moving not only furniture, but your collections? I shipped my big ticket cards registered mail I think it comes with 25K ins. Sipped albums and toploaders various ways. Did,t move any furniture or tons of clothes just a half dozen boxes and a couple of backpacks. Any thoughts on the best way to ship a large collection? Aloha dave.