PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Machine era GU Bats(Flynn,Armbrister,Youngblood,Plummer)

wmullis
01-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Just won an auction for 4 bats that I was told by the seller were game used bats and were purchased directly from the Reds Gift Shop in the 70's. The players are Ed Armbrister, Doug Flynn, Joel Youngblood & Bill Plummer. Not the "Great 8" but still happy to get these if they are indeed what I was told. The photos I'm posting were the only photos listed with the auction. All 4 were listed as having hairline cracks in the handle and at pine tar residue.

Any thoughts on these? I know zero about game used bats but these went for a price that I willing to take a gamble on them. If these are genuine, any idea on the value?

yanks12025
01-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Value probably around what you paid. I saw them also and they look good. Just not very expensive bats.

Also acouple of them couldn't have been bought during the 1970's, because the bats don't date till the 1980's. The Flynn is way after his time with the Reds.

masimen
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
The Plummer and Armbrister bats look to be 77-79 labeling and the Flynn and Youngblood are 80s bats.