PDA

View Full Version : 1933 Delong Crossover Question

jg8422
01-21-2012, 03:16 PM
I have been looking to build the 1933 Delong set in the SGC 60-70 range. I prefere the SGC holder over PSA. Plus, from what I read and learn, many pre-war collecters prefere SGC over PSA.

I have seen a good amount of PSA graded Delongs in the 5-6 range, but not many graded by SGC in the same range. I have noticed many in lower SGC grades though. I have been primarily looking on ebay.

1. Where else should I be looking?
2. Why is SGC preferred over PSA for pre-war cards?
3. (most importantly question) What is SGC's reputation when crossing over from PSA on prewar cards? I ask b/c I see a decent amount of Delongs in PSA 5-6 holders on ebay and I am hesitant to make offers in case they don't crossover well to SGC slabs.

Any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and for sharing your knowledge.

Jeff

Leon
01-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I have been looking to build the 1933 Delong set in the SGC 60-70 range. I prefere the SGC holder over PSA. Plus, from what I read and learn, many pre-war collecters prefere SGC over PSA.

I have seen a good amount of PSA graded Delongs in the 5-6 range, but not many graded by SGC in the same range. I have noticed many in lower SGC grades though. I have been primarily looking on ebay.

1. Where else should I be looking?
2. Why is SGC preferred over PSA for pre-war cards?
3. (most importantly question) What is SGC's reputation when crossing over from PSA on prewar cards? I ask b/c I see a decent amount of Delongs in PSA 5-6 holders on ebay and I am hesitant to make offers in case they don't crossover well to SGC slabs.

Any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and for sharing your knowledge.

Jeff

Hi there Jeff
Those are some fairly basic questions we talk about all of the time. The search function on those topics will give you days of reading. Check out our BST and the many public auctions in addition to ebay. SGC is usually known for being more accurate on vintage cards, at least by most on this board, than PSA. Crossovers are hit and miss. Don't count on them. best regards

jg8422
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the response Leon. I will do a search and see what I can discover. There is a ton of info on this site.