PDA

View Full Version : Triple folder cut panel prices

matty6
01-20-2012, 10:27 PM
How much do the panels of the triple folders go for?

Pup6913
01-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Depends on player and condition. A nice One may sell for $20+.

matty6
01-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks...that helps. I have a chance to buy a large lot of caEd's with some of these...one is the Cobb.

dougscats
01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Cobb, of course, goes for a lot more than $20 [I'd say at least triple figures].
And not that long ago I sold a very nice Walter Johnson to a board member for $60, I believe.
But I'd agree that an average hall-of-famer in good condition would be around $20.

Common players would be very cheap.
I collect middle-panels myself, and they're even cheaper, I'd say.
I still need five to complete my set, so if you get any and want top trade, let me know.

Doug

sandmountainslim
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I gave 25 bucks for three end panels delivered. Fair prices on them and I prefer them as separated panels rather than folders. I am of the belief they were SUPPOSED to be taken down into parts hence the two end color panels and black and white center. I am the only person who believes this .... :cool:

peterb69
01-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm looking for an O'Leary end panel if anyone has one.

Thanks and sorry to take this thread off track a bit.

PS, agree common is around $20 and a Cobb in good condition near $100

HercDriver
01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I used to keep track of prices on these up until about a year ago. About three years worth of data will tell you that Cobb goes for $100-$150, major HOFers go for about $50 (Johnson, Young, Speaker, etc). Commons and middle panels go for $5-$10. At least that's what I saw over that time frame...

Take Care,
Geno

daves_resale_shop
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
t202 End panels are great...

An excellent and affordable way to own a period card of your favorite Deadball hall of famer... I actually bought a cobb on ebay about 3 years ago, that would probably rate a vg+ if it were a t206... I was surprised at what I paid for it ($165), but got caught up in the heat of the battle and wasn't about to lose it...

That said, I agree that these cards don't hold a ton of value, but the big name hofers (cobb, mathewson, johnson, speaker) do get quite a bit of attention when they do show up on ebay... (A Speaker closed close to $100 about a month ago)

Perhaps sands is right, maybe they were meant to be separated...

Great cards with better prices!

novakjr
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Triple folds and '41 Double Play are 2 of my favorite sets when cut up. However, I still prefer to have all pieces present.. I might make an exception for Cobb/Matty end panels though..

sandmountainslim
01-22-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm looking for an O'Leary end panel if anyone has one.

Thanks and sorry to take this thread off track a bit.

PS, agree common is around $20 and a Cobb in good condition near $100

I have an O'Leary end panel I got in a lot off ebay a few years back. Would swap it for a beater T206 of a player I don't have if ya have any you wanna get rid of.

drc
01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
No current prices, but several years back I recall big-name end panels, like Cobb and Mathewson, going for circa $100. Really, not bad at a all for torn off 1/3 of a card :)

Sterling Sports Auctions
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I personally never understood paying the kind of prices for the end panels. You can pick up whole commons for $20-$25 and the HOFers you can generally get for double the price of the end panel. I have purchased about dozen T202 Cobbs that are graded Good to VG and I have paid $250-$400 for each of them. The set with some patience in presentable condition can be put together at a very reasonable price and you get the whole thing.

Bottom line though is if you are happy with what you are buying that is all that matters. I just feel you are limiting potential buyers if you ever plan on reselling.

Lee