PDA

View Full Version : Findings at card shows

tony
01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Just got back from the Show in Westchester and I had a hard time spending money. There was very little memorabilia and what was there was average. Any items that were good were on Auction House tables. Besides the national does anyone have any luck out there?

novakjr
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
The only luck I ever have at normal shows is if I'm looking for singles for a post-war set. The only show that I usually find anything worth spending any serious money on around me is annual show in Strongsville Ohio that Fusco puts on...

yanks12025
01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Andre Dawson signed game used bat for only $10 last year. This was a small local one.

dog*dirt
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
The local shows/auctions usually have the usual Bob Feller signed photo or just your run of the mill generic items. Every now and again something will pop up unexpected, last year I purchased a very rare Kansas City Athletics (Green and Gold) Bobblehead for next to nothing. Even though most of the time I come back without a purchase I still find myself going to the next show because I feel like if I don't go then that will be the time I missed out on something special.