View Full Version : grey flannel auctions

Bumpus Jones
01-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Please give your opinions / experiences regarding Grey Flannel Auctions

Thanks,

Chris

perezfan
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM

http://www.network54.com/Forum/567138/thread/1214870434/last-1214945880/GREY+FLANNEL+AUCTIONS

tcdyess
01-16-2012, 08:37 PM
That about sums it up......

Scott Garner
01-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Wow, Mark! That thread about the bats is simply unbelievable and I had not read it before. That's a great reason to never do business with these hacks.
Thanks for posting this!

thecatspajamas
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Anyone have any more-recent experiences? Just wondering, as that thread is nearly 4 years old.

sports-rings
01-17-2012, 06:29 AM
i had some items to consign and found Rich, the owner to be arrogant and boarderline nasty. I reminded him I had other choices and took my business elsewhere.

vintagebrett
01-17-2012, 07:22 AM
I consigned a basketball item to them for the November 30th, 2011 auction. I have yet to receive payment. I called last Friday and was told that the person who bought it purchased many items and was still paying and that they afford their big spenders more time to pay. Not real happy about this as I'm left in the lurch. My feeling is if they are going to offer this service of credit to their buyers they should be able to pay me as well.

John V
01-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I look forward to watching the new show on the Discovery Channel.

Bumpus Jones
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for everyone's input:)

gnaz01
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
i had some items to consign and found Rich, the owner to be arrogant and boarderline nasty. I reminded him I had other choices and took my business elsewhere.

Richard Russek??? No?? :D

jsage
01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
I have to go against the grain on this issue.

I have have worked with Richard Russek and his sons many times over the past years. He has also visited my home several times and all the deals we have done together were great. Yes, he is a hard negotiator but that is to be expected. He treated me very well and I will continue to use Grey Flannel in the future.

Jerry Sage

Giants00
01-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I also want to put in a pro-Grey Flannel message. None of these auction houses are perfect and many have let things through that in hindsight they should have caught. Here is what i like Richie and Grey Flannel. In my dealings with them, they have stood behind their stuff. I have also believed that while he is tough, once the deal is done he is always there. I dont mind the personality (and i would not judge a business by the personality). What i have seen is that he is passionate about his business. He does care about his customer. I also think that in the last 10 years, he has come a long way and has been better around doing research.
I think that all of these businesses have too many items they are trying to sell and it is impossible for them to be right on all. At least in my area, uniforms, they are getting a lot right and the batting average has been moving up.
dan... dan schei#man

roarfrom34
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
anyone see the People's Court episode a couple years ago where Grey Flannel & Russek were busted for selling a fake Cal Ripken "game worn" jersey?

perezfan
01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
I also want to put in a pro-Grey Flannel message. None of these auction houses are perfect and many have let things through that in hindsight they should have caught. Here is what i like Richie and Grey Flannel. In my dealings with them, they have stood behind their stuff. I have also believed that while he is tough, once the deal is done he is always there. I dont mind the personality (and i would not judge a business by the personality). What i have seen is that he is passionate about his business. He does care about his customer. I also think that in the last 10 years, he has come a long way and has been better around doing research.
I think that all of these businesses have too many items they are trying to sell and it is impossible for them to be right on all. At least in my area, uniforms, they are getting a lot right and the batting average has been moving up.
dan

Yeah... right. They claimed that a 1950s Senators (McAuliffe) Jersey was authentic and game-used. They provided their official LOA even though the Jersey was clearly a prop from Damn Yankees (the movie). It even had the Costume Company's stamp inside the left tail. Plus, any novice collector knows the Senators wore exclusively Wilson uniforms during that time frame.

Leon
01-22-2012, 08:21 PM
By tomorrow morning everyone that has posted an opinion in this thread either needs to edit out their statements or put their full names in their posts or their sig lines. One or the other please. You can use a weird character to prevent Google Searches. Thanks much for adhering to the rules. If you don't do it then I will do it tomorrow. Please read the rules or PM me if you have any questions. thanks

gnaz01
01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
By tomorrow morning everyone that has posted an opinion in this thread either needs to edit out their statements or put their full names in their posts or their sig lines. One or the other please. You can use a weird character to prevent Google Searches. Thanks much for adhering to the rules. If you don't do it then I will do it tomorrow. Please read the rules or PM me if you have any questions. thanks

I think I'm good, Leon :D