PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience in SOAKING 1932 Sanella pages?

bcookie
01-15-2012, 12:49 PM
hi guys, i have 5 1932 Handbuch De Sports albums with the 1932 Babe Ruth sanella card. I am wondering if it is possible to remove this card from the book?

were these cards affixed to the pages with the collectors own glue? is it possible to remove the cards clean enough to have them gradable by SGC?

Leon
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
hi guys, i have 5 1932 Handbuch De Sports albums with the 1932 Babe Ruth sanella card. I am wondering if it is possible to remove this card from the book?

were these cards affixed to the pages with the collectors own glue? is it possible to remove the cards clean enough to have them gradable by SGC?

I haven't tried soaking these albums or cards but they should come off ok. From my limited experience most old glues weren't of the nature they are today, where they have chemicals that are similar to super glue....hence super duper sticky. If they come off, and you only use water (which I would recommend if you try it) then a grading company should grade them but they will be dinged if there are stains (in my experience you can usually tell cards have been soaked after they are). You might try soaking or removing a less valuable card first to see how it works. Good luck..