PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mantle Ball....help please

Seabar22
01-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I've been reading this forum for about a year...and have learned a ton in that time. Thank you all for that...

I'm a small-potatoes type of collector...none of the awesome high-end stuff I see on this board each week! As I've noticed many posters asking for opinions on autographs, I've been thinking of asking for opinions on my Mickey Mantle ball. I bought this about 3 years ago...and it was already certified by PSA (which I've also learned doesn't mean it's 100% authentic). I've seen discussions about forgeries looking like "Mickey Mautle"...and mine definitely seems to read that way.

So...in my first ever post, I'm asking for any opinions on this one. Thanks for any input you may offer!

GrayGhost
01-06-2012, 08:56 PM
It looks good to me overall.

perezfan
01-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Same... that first "M" might be a bit inconsistent with his typical style, but I too believe it's authentic.

Seabar22
01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you both for your feedback...I appreciate it.

novakjr
01-07-2012, 01:48 PM
The "y" is a bit troubling to me. From what I've seen, the perfectly straight lines in the y, usually point to fake. However, in those cases, the "y" is usually never the only issue. Everything else seems to check out decently, so I guess it's possible that he just happened to be perfectly straight in this case.

Overall, despite my issues with the Y, I'd lean toward "authentic"..