PDA

View Full Version : Best way to display scans?

David R
01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I have been putting together a t206 graded HOF back collection and wanted to get some opinions on the best way to display the scans? Photobucket? Something homemade on photoshop (I am totally incompetent so I'd have to get some help for that)? Of course I would like to display front and back of each card. Thanks in advance for your input.

David R.

HRBAKER
01-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I have used Photobucket to host/hold my scans for several years now. It's free for the capacity I need and I have never had an issue. It does seem to run slower/take a little longer to upload these days than it used to due to the pop-ups. My $.02.

cdn_collector
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
David,

If all you're looking for is a photo album, then I think sites like Photobucket, Flickr or ImageEvent are probably perfect for you. You might even consider CollectorFocus, which is a site owned/supported by a board member. Heck, I think even your Net54 account has an album feature, though I don't know how much capacity it offers. And to be honest, I've never used any of these 5 'services'.

If you want *more* than a photo album -- ie. you want to control the theme of the entire site, maybe have a landing page, wantlist, or whatever, then you're into stuff that the sites above probably won't cover.

Regards,

Richard.

Big Six
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm a big fan of CollectorFocus...check out my site via my dig...good luck, too!

calvindog
01-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Flickr.

Mikehealer
01-01-2012, 11:52 PM
imageevent is my favorite, although it costs $25 a year.

T206Collector
01-02-2012, 06:07 AM
I use Picassa. Its free and its integrated with my Gmail. Best of all, I use Picassa to crop and sharpen my scans before uploading. Its all-in-one and its free.

steve B
01-02-2012, 09:45 AM
All of those are good, just a couple points.

1) Look at all of them, if they're free try them with a scan or two to see if you like how they look and work. Some may have a user interface that you hate or one you really like.

2) Don't consider any of them to be permanent. Several similar services have been closed as unprofitable. Sometimes they give notice, sometimes they just vanish. Always retain copies of all the scans yourself, preferably a DVD backup or at least on disc. (Or on multiple free services)

Steve B

timzcardz
01-03-2012, 07:27 AM
I've never thought of this before, but the question, "Best way to display scans?" spurred this thought.

Has anyone "displayed" their cards with a digital picture frame in their office or on their desk?

Seems like a great way to enjoy one's cards on a daily basis without any risk of damge or theft.

Chris Counts
01-03-2012, 09:11 AM
I use ImageEvent and pay $25 a year. I looked at Photobucket because it is free, but decided to go with ImageEvent because it looks way better. Here's my collection ...

http://imageevent.com/ccmcnutt