PDA

View Full Version : I received a really nice eBay message that I wanted to share

Doug
12-29-2011, 09:06 AM
I was really disappointed that I had to sell my '52 Topps Mantle a few months back to help pay off some unexpected medical bills, but when I saw this in my eBay messages it made me feel a lot better and I thought I would share it:

Dear bearcat-doug,

Just wanted to thank you again for such a great quality card at a reasonable price. Every time I take it out of the safe deposit box I am as excited as a child on Christmas morning ! I have looked at these pictures on my computer practically every day since I made the purchase. So , I thought I would say thanks for providing a wonderful experience .
Sincerely,
(buyer's name removed)

It's no fun to have to sell your favorite card out of necessity, but it's refreshing to know that it went to someone that really appreciates it.

Volod
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Nice outcome, Doug - much more satisfying than having it go to someone just turning it around for profit.

7nohitter
12-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Doug,

Sucks that you had to sell the card, but great that it went to someone who appreciates it as much as this person apparently does!

freakhappy
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
That's always nice to see that you sold it to someone that will appreciate it for the right reasons. I believe that when I get my '52 Mantle (someday :)) I will be the same way. There are some cards that I own now that I do the same thing to. I go back and look at them several times because I can't believe I own them and they seemed out of reach when I was a kid.

Thanks for making someone's day...or year!

Take care and Happy New Years!

Mike

Doug
01-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I felt the same way when I got my first '52 Mantle. It's nice to know that even though I had to sell off the last card I had left that I was able to pass that feeling along to someone else.

k-dog
01-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

GrayGhost
01-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Quality people still around. GREAT story, and makes it worthwhile to be in this hobby

Samsdaddy
01-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Quality people still around. GREAT story, and makes it worthwhile to be in this hobby

Amen to that.

Leon
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Not great that you had to sell the card but I hope, when the day comes for me to sell, that whomever gets my cards enjoys them as much as the person who got yours. Thanks for sharing.

Volod
01-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah, looks like whoever winds up with my cards will have pried them out of my cold, stiff fingers - like Hatchet Jack's Hawken rifle. I guess it's only in a few fortunate cases that a collector gets the satisfaction of knowing his prized pasteboards went to someone who will appreciate them as much as he or she did.

drc
01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I remember when a eBay auction winner left feedback, "Good shipping, packaging and sells at low prices!" I thought, "Uh, low prices wan't my intention."

novakjr
01-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I remember when a eBay auction winner left feedback, "Good shipping, packaging and sells at low prices!" I thought, "Uh, low prices wan't my intention."

lol...Clearly. Maybe he meant that you wouldn't back out of a deal if the final bid came in low? Who knows?