PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller Acofind -FAKES

Shoeless Moe
12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-TUXEDO-TOBACCO-c1915-TIGERS-TY-COBB-BASEBALL-CARD-SIGN-/160706237003?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item256ad6924b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-TUXEDO-TOBACCO-1915-CHRISTY-MATHEWSON-BASEBALL-SIGN-/160706242460?pt=Vintage_Sports_Memorabilia&hash=item256ad6a79c

and more

ctownboy
12-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I have been complaining to eBay for over five years about this guy and they have done nothing. He has made 10's of thousands of dollars selling worthless reproductions as originals to people who don't know any better.

Look at his crap and I can almost guarantee you that all of the ammunition and motorcycle advertising, Hop-A-Long Cassidy and Shirley Temple items, Planters Peanuts and Mason jars, cast iron toys, Dazey butter churns and the political and movie posters are fakes.

If you don't think so, then watch his auctions and you will see the SAME items being sold and then coming up again later.

There are a couple of other sellers from Indiana who do the same thing; list reproductions as originals and spread them throughout a number of real items on their eBay page so as not to arouse suspicions of buyers.

It makes me SICK to see this junk.

Edited to add, ACOFIND also sells under the eBay names of theolestuff and fourducks.
David

ctownboy
12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
If you want to see more sellers on eBay selling "original" items (soem baseball related) look at these ids (especially under completed auctions):

style_quest
myjunk66
wyomingantiques34

I am pretty sure all of these sellers are from Indiana. If you look at their listings, you will find they sell similiar or identical items. They also say they bought these items at estate sales or auctions.

Be careful,

David

tachyonbb
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I know that as a seller, I can block individual users from bidding on my auctions.

Does anyone know a way to block a seller? I now have a fairly large list of sellers like acofind. I now have to manually go through my list to see if what i am looking at is from one of these less than reputable sellers. It would be nice to just block them and not have them show up in a search.