PDA

View Full Version : Signed Hockey includes Big Snake

powderfinger
12-21-2011, 08:32 PM
A few more signed hockey cards for sale, including Legendary brawler Robin Big Snake.

The Chelios is a Parkhurst "In the Game" insert and is $15

The Howell is part of the Original Six set and $10

The Big Snake is from an Owen Sound team set issued in 2005. I took two of these along with his Vancouver and Rockford cards on a road trip to Rockford to see the Ice Hogs play (before they were a Hawks affiliate) and made it a point of trying to get Big Snake to sign. There was a mass signing after the game and he spent about 10 minutes along the boards but left for the dressing room before he signed for me. When I realized he was leaving the ice, I quickly made my way to the player exit and called out that I had some cards for him to sign. He took the cards, seemed to enjoy showing them to a friend who met him in the runway, signed and returned them.

He is a difficult autograph - a player that never signed through the mail. He is currently awaiting trial on charges that he killed a pedestrian with his truck while he was intoxicated near the Canadian reservation he still called home. He may well have been the last of the goons, but he was one tough customer and his fights were legendary. It's too bad things ended up the way the did for him.

Asking $35 for the Big Snake.

Email rnovak14@wi.rr.com if interested.