PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner

Shoeless Moe
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Question - with all the crap Coach's Corner sells month after month, signed Christy Mathewson Balls, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Honus Wagner, Judas Iscariot, etc. my question is why doesn't it ever pop up on Ebay?

You'd think the scammers who buy from that scamhouse would try to re-sell.

Or don't their fake items really sell to anyone? Is the house just bidding on these items? And only a few are going out to the public?

ctownboy
12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I am not certain but it could be that the COA's that Coach's Corner uses are not allowed on eBay. So, when people find they have been ripped off, they either deal with CC's and try and get their money back, or they list them on Craig's List or send them off to local auctions.

David

doug.goodman
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Or...

display them proudly in their den.

Doug

travrosty
12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Items with a CC COA have popped up on ebay occasionally in the past, until they are taken down by people who report them.

Since some of the items have a Morales or STAT coa, they are listed sometimes just with that coa, and not the cc coa.

None of those coa's are allowed on ebay by ebays own policy, so they usually stay up only long enough to be reported and then taken down. But some of the STAT and Morales coa's that pop up now and then could be CC items.

Exhibitman
12-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Or they take them to Pawn Stars and try to sucker the guys into buying them.

thetruthisoutthere
12-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Items with a CC COA have popped up on ebay occasionally in the past, until they are taken down by people who report them.

Since some of the items have a Morales or STAT coa, they are listed sometimes just with that coa, and not the cc coa.

None of those coa's are allowed on ebay by ebays own policy, so they usually stay up only long enough to be reported and then taken down. But some of the STAT and Morales coa's that pop up now and then could be CC items.

Travis is correct, if that crap is found on Ebay it is removed. I would say that the majority of garbage autographs sold by Coach's Corner are bought by stores who in turn, sell that crap to tourists, impulse buyers, etc., who are initially impressed by a COA that reads "Forensic."

GrayGhost
12-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I know when Mohegan Sun here in CT had their America's memories store (now closed), they told me their stuff was authenticated by FD guys. I asked who, and they said Chris Morales and Dru Max on most. :eek:

oriolesbb6
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I am not certain but it could be that the COA's that Coach's Corner uses are not allowed on eBay. So, when people find they have been ripped off, they either deal with CC's and try and get their money back, or they list them on Craig's List or send them off to local auctions.

David
I am surprised more do not show up in Estate auctions. We had 36 auctions this year with an average of 400 lots per auction and not one seller brought in an item with a COA. Overall we get very few sports related items as most end up kept by the family or in flea markets/craigslist.

BrandonG
12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I read on their site that you're allowed to bid on your own items, kind of like a cheap way out of programming in a reserve feature on that crappy website. I'm sure they win their own stuff 90% of the time.

smtjoy
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I would bet a number of people once they learn the coa is junk just throw it away and claim they do not know anything on the auto they are trying to sell.

earlywynnfan
12-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I would bet a number of people once they learn the coa is junk just throw it away and claim they do not know anything on the auto they are trying to sell.

I would agree with this. I'd bet that many of the items on ebay that come from "clubhouse sources" or "my uncle who knew him" or whatever are CC items with the certs thrown away.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mets41
04-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Is coaches corner still in business? I havent seen any of their ads in a while and I haven't received a postcard from them in some time. About 10 years asgo I consigned something to them and wasn't happy with the results so I never did business with them again.

nebboy
04-11-2014, 03:25 PM
A simply google search will show that roaches never die. There April auction is online

thecatspajamas
04-11-2014, 05:07 PM
You mean they actually have real consignors? No wonder you were disappointed.