PDA

View Full Version : Just think...

David Atkatz
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Gee... Just think what the Yankees could have done, rather than having the Stadium torn down...

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/red-sox-to-highlight-fenway-artifacts-in-100th-anniversary-celebration/

Greedy Steinbrenner bastards.

Jay Wolt
12-19-2011, 07:52 PM
The Yankee Stadium that was torn down last year was re-bulilt in time for the 1976 season.
They just didn't add a luxury box or 2, they leveled it, and the Yankees played at Shea Stadium in '74 & '75.
I wish the initial stadium from 1923 was never touched, but since it was in the mid '70's, don't think they could have had a celebration like Fenway will.

yanks12025
12-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Fenway really ain't like it was when it opened. Nothing but more and more seats added for more money. I bet it don't last 10 mores years.

Ladder7
12-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Fenway really ain't like it was when it opened. Nothing but more and more seats added for more money. I bet it don't last 10 mores years.

Who peed in your cornflakes this morning? We attend Fenway several times a year. Not to see the Sox, as much as sitting with the spirits. The Fenway reconstruction and improvements are top notch, not temporary nor jury rigged. All involved seem determined to preserve the history and abhor the thought of a mallpark in this town.

If the little park is gone in 25yrs and Im still breathing., I'll wear a Giambi jersey to the new monstrosity.

700+ consecutive sellouts, and counting. Heck, she's the Joe D of ballparks. 2012 will be grand! Steve

David Atkatz
12-19-2011, 10:40 PM
The Yankee Stadium that was torn down last year was re-bulilt in time for the 1976 season.
They just didn't add a luxury box or 2, they leveled it, and the Yankees played at Shea Stadium in '74 & '75.
I wish the initial stadium from 1923 was never touched, but since it was in the mid '70's, don't think they could have had a celebration like Fenway will.Wrong. It certainly was not "leveled." About 85% of the original structure remained.

thekingofclout
12-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Who peed in your cornflakes this morning? We attend Fenway several times a year. Not to see the Sox, as much as sitting with the spirits. The Fenway reconstruction and improvements are top notch, not temporary nor jury rigged. All involved seem determined to preserve the history and abhor the thought of a mallpark in this town.

If the little park is gone in 25yrs and Im still breathing., I'll wear a Giambi jersey to the new monstrosity.

700+ consecutive sellouts, and counting. Heck, she's the Joe D of ballparks. 2012 will be grand! Steve

mschwade
12-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Yankee fan here... Absolutely love Fenway Park.... Except the drunk fans on a Friday night game (but that's a whole different story). The experience of walking on Yawkey Way to get to Fenway is one I will never forget. I was 26 at the time of my first and only trip there to date, and I remember just feeling in awe when Fenway came into my sight.

Little known fact about me... I've attended hundreds of games at Cleveland Stadium/Jacobs Field and Riverfront/Great American Ballpark. I have attended 3 games at Wrigley, 2 games at Fenway, and 4 at Old Yankee Stadium... Caught a foul ball at each of those three historic parks.. Not a single foul ball at any Reds or Indians games though :) And the Yankees foul ball was in 2008 so it had the Yankee Stadium logo on it :)