PDA

View Full Version : Mears authentication?

Moesalty
12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
This question is for those of you who collect game used/worn equipment. How reputable or respected Is Mears in the industry? I'm interested in a particular item, but need to do a little more research. Are they the ACE authenticators of used items, or are they legit?

I appreciate all of your responses!

Leon
12-18-2011, 08:51 AM
This question is for those of you who collect game used/worn equipment. How reputable or respected Is Mears in the industry? I'm interested in a particular item, but need to do a little more research. Are they the ACE authenticators of used items, or are they legit?

I appreciate all of your responses!

MEARS advertises here so please keep that in mind. That being said I think ACE is a group we have discussed that doesn't generally do a good job. While MEARS folks are human and have probably made mistakes, they are considered one of the better authenticators, from what I have seen.

Mark
12-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I have bought some professional model bats that they have examined and graded, and I believe that they do very good job. In buying from them, they have always been above board. In fact, they have been generous. If I were to send out some of my bats to be graded, I would send them to Mears without hesitation.

Moesalty
12-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank you for the input gentlemen. It's very much appreciated!

drc
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
MEARS is reputable and has a good reputation.