PDA

View Full Version : Lelands blows

Shoeless Moe
12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I feel sorry for their consigners.

I sent 2 emails regarding getting pictures of items emailed to me of items in their auction, but not shown on their Site.

They have a photo lot of 8 photos, but only show 3. I ask to see the other 5 and the back of one or two.

They never replied.

So I never bid.

Who loses out? Their consigners. I know they maybe a sponser on this Site, but learn how to run an auction. Terrible customer service.

Runscott
12-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I feel sorry for their consigners.

I sent 2 emails regarding getting pictures of items emailed to me of items in their auction, but not shown on their Site.

They have a photo lot of 8 photos, but only show 3. I ask to see the other 5 and the back of one or two.

They never replied.

So I never bid.

Who loses out? Their consigners. I know they maybe a sponser on this Site, but learn how to run an auction. Terrible customer service.

I bid on that lot and also dropped out because it only showed three photos. I also dropped out of bidding on two glove lots because there just wasn't enough detail to justify it; however, both lots got good prices in my opinion.

On the other hand, the scans were pretty good for some of the large lots of old framed baseball photographs. But even on these, there were a couple of key photos that they did not show enlargements of - looked like a nice 1800's albumen of 9 players that might have been worth $600+ all by itself, but no large picture :(

Scott <=== 0 for 6 in Lelands, but had fun :)

jcmtiger
12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
That's to bad. Lelands is usually very good with their auctions. I now Josh has been ill, that could be part of the problem.

Joe

FrankWakefield
12-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Seems to me that some auction folks are focused on putting together big lots, rather than single items and small lots, so as to save them labor and effort; they get a listing together and then they're done with it, not responding to inquiries; and they suffer through deep pocketed bidders winning several lots then being slow to pay, because they're unwilling to upset those with deep pockets lest they renege on all of their bids, resulting in the consignors having to wait unduly long to get paid. And the auction folks that do that crap do it because they're doing what's best for themselves, not the consignors.

I empathize with your frustration, Shoeless Moe.

Cardboard Junkie
12-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, deh blo!